Friday, June 5, 2009

Gift Cards

OK how hard is it to spend gift cards??...I mean they are a really cool gift, but for some reason they are hard to spend. I know that sounds crazy...



...OK maybe it IS crazy...



Anyway...so this is what happened that got me to thinking about this subject...


The other day I go into Barnes and Nobel with a $25 gift card and come out with nothing...


Let me get this straight...a kind generous student gives me $25 to buy ANYTHING I want in Barnes and Nobel and I can't come up with a single thing...not one??


Now mind you I can drop twice that amount at Barnes and Nobel without a second thought when I don't have the gift card but with it...nada.


I was wandering the shelves trying to figure out why I am having such a hard time picking something out...I mean I like just about every section of Barnes and Noble...from the children's section...to the self help (God knows I need that)...even the stationary and gift area....


but the conclusion I have come up with is I think I have such a hard time because it is "free" and you don't want to "waste" a free item....


...I know...crazy.


I go to new novels in paperback and peruse those for awhile all the time thinking "Do I really want to spend my $25 on something I can check out at the library for free...thus leaving me $25 to spend on something else.

...OK fair enough.

So I go to the self help section...so many things to choose from...help me with money...help me with over eating...help me with exercise...help me with loving myself...help me with loving others...help me learn how to help me learn how...you see what I mean...so many to choose from...so many I need...I can't possibly only spend $25 on that!!!

...OK fair enough.

Then I peruse the children's section. Now I love children's books. I love gifting children's books. I have a niece, a niece on the way, two nephews, and two children...OK who do I spend my $25 gift card on...who do I love the most...wow that is WAY to much pressure...can't possibly do that!!

...OK fair enough.

I go to the games section thinking GS and I need a new puzzle to work on...however the only puzzle was a 2000 piece puzzle that is all one color...I have just started dating this wonderful man...don't want to go there...

...OK fair enough.

I go to the CD section...wow these prices are outrageous...I'd do better on i-tunes...

...OK fair enough.

I go to the stationary section...do I really need more stationary??

...OK fair enough.

Do you see the trend? Do you understand my plight? Do you really care?





...OK fair enough.


-More Later

-A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment