A couple of the blogs I follow do a Thankful Thursday post, so I am not exactly sure who to credit, but I thought I'd follow suit this week.
So here goes:
1. I am so very thankful that the temps today are in the 70's. I feel like I pay way to much money to live in California for the temps to be anything BUT 70's but today I am getting my money's worth and I love it.
2. I am thankful today that I have this amazing Sixth Grade Chorus. There are some really great voices and enough silly boys to keep things interesting. Also my Bella is in there and she is quite the singer.
3. I am thankful that I remembered enough of my middle school science classes to be able to help Bella study for her minerals and rocks test. However, it was a little discouraging to realize that as a parent we really start over again and learn everything one (or two) more times. Except after last night and the studying of Spanish I am regretting the decision to take French.
4. I am so thankful to be Sarah's step mom. She is really showing the love. Her Dad and I got a nice letter from her as part of an English assignment and it nearly brought me to tears. She told us how thankful she is to be here and how much she loves us...awww. Then she posted a picture of the two of us on her Facebook page and the caption told me how much she appreciated all I did for her this summer and how much she loves me as a step mom. Coming full circle is a very nice thing.
5. Rich has Friday and Monday off!!! This means that I might actually get a relaxing weekend as he usually gets a lot of stuff done (if he has a list) so I can sit on the couch and eat bon bons all weekend. Well at least dairy free bon bons.
6. The Bug asked me in a comment how I am going to be getting protein and iron on my new semi vegan diet. So I thought I'd answer her in this section and be thankful for the internet which is providing me with a plethora of information about getting the nutrients I need. This site for vegetarians with a special section for vegans goes into great detail about all the nutrients. And I am finding out SO much information that makes me OK with going this route. The four areas of concern for vegans are calcium, B12, iron, and protein and the only one that I found that cannot be replaced with plants is B12 so I take a supplement. I am planning to start incorporating some vegan recipes on my blog and some more information about it. Don't worry I won't get my soapbox out.
7. I am thankful that in about 10 minutes a big group of my middle school singers will join me for lunch in my room for our Day 6 Lunch Bunch.