I am joining up this week with Joyce over at This Side of the Pond for her weekly Hodgepodge. Head on over answer the questions on your blog and link up.
1. How has your hometown changed since you were a kid? What has changed most about the neighborhood you grew up in?
Oh my gosh has it changed. We used to walk a dirt path to and from school and now that dirt path is a major road through town. The area behind my elementary school was just a big field and now our town had doubled that way. It is crazy when I go back and am in the new section I get so turned around that I don't know where I am.
2. What song makes you laugh?
Any song that my husband tries to sing to me...ha!! He is really a brave man. His wife is a professionally trained opera singer and yet he has the guts to sing to me often. I love it!! And to answer your burning question...no he can't really sing. But I don't care sing away honey. I know that was sort of avoiding the question but the only song that comes to mind is a song that is called "Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Posts of Life"
3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world?
Love Harry Potter. Read all the books. Saw all the movies, except for the last one which I need to see before I see the current one (obviously). I didn't see it because I couldn't find anyone to go with...sad I know.
4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever?
That is a tough question. I believe that some little white lies are just necessary. If we told nothing but the truth all the time we would end up offending lots of people. I always tell my kids that you might not like everyone you meet, but you need to keep those opinions inside your head and always be respectful. We really don't want everyone to tell us our butts look big in these jeans now do we.
5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better.
Shrimp Scampi...Woh Nelly.
6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread?
Nah...just the normal family visits. I went to my 10 year high school reunion and really didn't really socialize with anyone that I didn't already hang out with. I would love to go to one now but they seem to always fall on the weekend before I have to start teaching again.
7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one.
I was just talking about lilac's with one of my friends. I don't see them here in CA but we had a line of bushes in my backyard in Iowa growing up and I just loved those purple flowers and that smell. It always brings me back to that time and place.
8. In Summary: I would love to go to a high school reunion however, I might not be able to get you around my town anymore, (and as long as Rich is singing to me in the car I would drive around all day) but let me smell those lilacs and I can close my eyes and be right back on my backyard porch...and that's no lie.
- A Ro
- A Ro