Thursday, July 14, 2011

Please Tell Me I'm Not the Only One

Now if you have been reading my blog and paying attention you would know that I don't really watch a lot of T.V.  The only show I watch religiously is Chuck and the only show that I Tivo is Modern Family.  I just don't have the consistent time to watch a series T.V. show.

However, since it is summer and I find myself with a little more time I now have a couple of shows that I have watched a little more religiously...and I am ashamed to say that they are sorta guilty pleasure shows.

The first one is Bridzilla and man does this show make me crazy!!  I used to think that the show was about normal people who turn a liitle crazy when they are planning a wedding, but now I am pretty sure most of those brides swallowed the crazy pill WAY before they got engaged.  This one episode had this bride yelling and putting guilty trips on EVERYONE.  Her parents, sisters, best friends, and her future husband to be.  Her husband went out in the pouring rain to go get her some lunch and had the audacity to come back without her tea.  Well you know where this one is going.  She yelled at him and said that if he loved her he would go back to get her her tea.  He wouldn't budge and went upstairs to get away from her.  She yelled up that she wouldn't marry him unless he went back to get the tea...and sure enough 10 minutes later you hear him coming down the stairs and the door open and shut.

He went and got that dumb woman her tea!!

Now what lesson did this immature brat learn??  That all she has to do is threaten and manipulation and she will get what she wants.

So here is my advice.  If someone who is supposed to love you says they won't marry you if you don't go back out in the rain and get her tea.  You tell her...OK.  Because one of two things will happen a) they will go through with their threat and you won't have to marry the cukoo bird or b) she will learn that you can't do that to the one you love.  See win-win. But no so many of these "loved ones" give in to her and she just continues her messed up ways.

I will now coin the term the Bridzilla tactic to refer to someone using bullying and manipulation to get what they want.  You can use it to if you want.

The other show I have started watching in the morning as I get ready for camp is Tabitha's Salon Makeover.  I wish I had ONE of the cahones this chick obviously has.  She does not take any crap from anyone.  She tells it like it is and looks really good in a pixie haircut.  She is my kind of girl.  However, those people on that show are also a taco short of a combo platter.  Seriously, you need to stop being a doormat and let people know that you are the boss. 

If all it took was wearing all black, platinum hair, and a thick accent I would so do it.

OK I am glad summer is only a couple of months long as my mind would certainly turn to mush otherwise.

Do you have guilty pleasure shows?

Please say yes.

More Later

- A Ro

2 comments:

  1. oh, that poor soul. were they both 12 years old?

    guilty pleasure shows? sadly, i find myself addicted to the bachelor/bachelorette. *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, do I ever. The Real Housewives. Oh, the drama!

    ReplyDelete