Soooo...it's Friday and I thought I'd share somethings from this week. I am going to cleverly call it Photo Friday. Now as most of you know I am no good at keeping with themes so this might be the only Photo Friday that exists, especially since I can't find my camera, but it's worth a shot right??
2 squares Baker's Chocolate
2 sticks of butter
1 t vanilla
1 cup sugar
2 cups of flour
powdered sugar for dusting
**side note my sister Kate doesn't like her brownies with powdered sugar, however, I do, and it is apparent to me which daughter my mom loves most because now she only makes them without powdered sugar** Just kidding Mom...I think.
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Melt butter and and chocolate in microwave
3. Put into Kitchen Aid Mixer (of course you can make these if you don't own a Kitchen Aid Mixer but it is SO much easier if you do) and mix until all the chocolate is melted and smooth with the butter.
4. Add sugar and vanilla to mixer and mix.
5. Add 2 eggs and mix.
6. Add 1 cup flower and mix
7. Add 2 eggs and mix
8. Add 1 cup flower and mix
9. Pour into jelly roll pan (otherwise known as my cookie sheets) and bake for 20 minutes.
10. After they are cool dust with powdered sugar if you aren't my sister Kate.
11. Eat one quick because they will go fast.
dirty 12 list of foods you should buy organic. I'm telling you the eggs alone are worth the trip. Grass fed chicken eggs taste so much better than those you buy in the grocery store. The cage free are good, but it is the grass fed ones that are the best. These flowers were only $3.00 and so we bought them and they opened up beautifully. I am not a fan of fresh cut flowers but for $3.00 I might become one.
Finally not really a photo and knowing my luck it won't even post correctly but someone sent me this SNL video. It is of a mock soap opera called The Californians and it pretty much hits the nail on the head with California life. The video I chose is actually the dress rehearsal so there are a few crack ups which are hilarious.
So there you go. Four Photo (one actually being a video) Friday.
This weekend is filled with a family wiffleball game, a trip to see The Avengers (finally) and Andrew's final youth orchestra concert,
and searching for my camera.
- A Ro