Thursday, April 2, 2009

Garage Sales

My Spring Break has been great. I have done a lot of running, cleaning, trying new recipes, Facebooking, and sleeping in. The running has been great ran 5.7 miles yesterday. The cleaning has been boring, but necessary. I'll have a new recipe tomorrow. The Facebooking has been very interesting. The sleeping in has been disturbing...I really have a love/hate relationship with sleeping in. I love it because usually I am up soooo early, but hate it because it just doesn't feel right to sleep in. Too much I am missing by sleeping in.

Don't worry...I am not going to start getting up at 4:00 am during my spring break just because I feel I am missing something...duh I am not that thick in the head.

Tomorrow I have ordered a big ole dumpster and GS and I are gonna go to town on this house. Everything must Go, Go, Go...

well except for this, and except for that...I can just hear it now.

Really I am not a keeper, I really have no problem pitching things or giving things away. The only thing I have a problem with is garage sales. I really hate them. I hate going to them and I hate having them. I realize that many many...many people love them, and plan their lives around them, and love having them, and make a lot of money at them, and find great finds at them, and sometimes even find something they can take to Antique Roadshow and make a mint...

...I see where this is going and I can honestly say "Not for me"

***My son and daughter have been watching Antique Roadshow with their dad and suddenly Andrew is interested in Garage Sales...I am going to have to have a talk with his dad***

So because at this point in my life I should be having a garage sale, I decided to do a Top 10 reasons I hate garage sale:

10. If see one more fondue pot I'm gonna...

9. Other people's shoes...does that not gross you out???

8. Little round neon colored stickers...they never stay on and it just causes confusion.

7. "I'll give you 24 1/2 cents for this" I hate haggling. I hate haggling for cars...and especially for someone else's socks or lava lamp.

6. Having to do math in your head...you really feel stupid having to use a calculator to add denominations of $.25.

5. The garage sale starts at 7:00 am and by 6:00 am you have a yard full of people...geez people

4. One person's trash is sooo not another person's treasure...trash is trash.

3. I have self esteem issues as it is...I don't need someone turning their nose up at my stuff.

2. People...other strange, small talking people...I know I know call my therapist.

and the number one reason I hate garage sales...




1. Other people's underwear...c'mon you know what I am talking about.


I would love to hear from you (all three of you who read my blog) do you like garage sales...I promise I won't judge you either way...

as they say one woman's nightmare is another woman's dream come true

...are we still talking garage sales...or men...oh never mind.


More Later

-A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment