It is Thursday as I type this. I have only one day left of my spring break. Then the normal weekend. I have enjoyed my spring break but am very happy to get back to routine...I think. The week I get back we are teching our high school musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat so normal routine may have to take a back seat to long days and evenings of rehearsals. I am also running a 10K that weekend too...what am I crazy???
Again, don't answer that...
Tomorrow Bella and I are headed to our friends house to make cake pops. We are going to make puppy pops and I can't wait. I love Marian and her family and we are going to have so much fun.
In remembering my spring break I would like to list some of the things we have done. This is to remind myself that I didn't spend my entire two weeks lounging around in my yoga pants watching Tivo'd Phineas and Ferb episodes.
1. I give entirely too much of my money to Uncle Sam so that he can pay lawmakers a lot of money to shut down the government so that my husband can take a non paid vacation...well at least if he isn't getting paid Uncle Sam doesn't get any of his money. Sounds like a vicious circle to me, but I do know that it is much more complicated than Donald Trump makes it out to be.
2. I should have been a CPA. They really clean up this time of year.
3. I am glad that I am NOT a CPA because most of the time they have to deliver bad news.
4. I read two books during my spring break. Technically the first one I finished before spring break even started.
The second one I finished yesterday.
I would recommend the first one over the second one, but both served their purpose of keeping me up at night trying to finish them.
5. Taking a road trip with Bella to Palm Springs to watch Andrew play baseball means a few things: a) I have to drive the entire way by myself b) I get to spend quality time in the car with my girl listening to only songs WE want to hear. This includes many Glee songs, a couple of Veggie Tale favorites, and a few Phineas and Ferb songs too. c) I have to spend a few days away from my husband, this is rough as we are still technically newlyweds, this means a lot of I miss you texts. d) I get to watch my son play baseball although he is on a very good team so this means he doesn't play all the time in fact I asked Bella what position he was playing as I couldn't see him on the field to which she responded "He is playing left bench".
yeah she's a hoot
6. I have big dreams of catching up on my scrapbooks, blogging everyday, reading all the blogs I have been neglecting, running 3 miles everyday, and cooking spectacular dinners every night. Did I mention we had Phineas and Ferb episodes Tivo'd??? I kid. I did a few pages on our scrapbooks, I blogged once or twice, read a few blogs, ran almost everyday, and did cook a fish dish that Rich is still talking about. Moderation is the key to life.
7. I managed to infect my work laptop with some sort of virus within the first 4 days of being home. The walk of shame to the IT department on Monday morning will not be a fun one. Hopefully it won't turn into an episode of Nick Burns Company Computer Guy
Here is to about 9 more weeks of school and being blessed with a job that allows me to lounge around in my yoga pants every now and then.
- A Ro