Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Finally

Today was the first day of school for Andrew and Bella.  Which means Sunday night was a whirl wind of emotions ranging from "oh my gosh...what if I can't get my locker open" to "what if all my friends suddenly hate me".  Then there was Sarah who was just glad that SOMEBODY else in the house had to go to school and do homework.  We celebrated our last weekend of freedom with our usual celebration; firepit and s'mores.  The girls were SO funny dancing and singing and putting on shows.  Rich took this video and all my dancer friends and former students who know me will be shocked that I was acting choreographer...yeah don't tell Ms. Brown.


We woke up and got out the door on time this morning due mostly to the nervous excitement that had us all moving in overdrive.  We even had time for pictures.




Even Andrew joined in the picture fun.


So cute, even Maggie wanted to be included.

The day was a great success.  Our school opened the new building, my choirs seem very promising, and it was perfect weather.

The girls did homework together at the table with a little smile of satisfaction on Sarah's face.  They even had time for a quick bike ride around the park and we had time to watch a tivo'd episode of Chuck (getting ready for the new and final (one tear) season.

And yes Bella got her locker open and all her friends still liked her.

Phew...

More Later

- A Ro

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, all the drama and excitement of a new school year.
    Fun times.
    Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete