I am back on the Hodgepodge band wagon (well at least for this week) Head on over to Joyce's and do the same!!
1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.
I LOVE October, in fact I love the time from October 1st through January 1st. I love the fall, and the cooler weather (notice I didn't say cold weather). I love Halloween and all the colors associated with October and the fall.
2. Is chivalry dead? Explain.
No, I think there are many men, my husband being one of them, who value the rules of chivalry. However, sometimes those values are just unnecessary and can get in the way of honest relationships in .an equal society.
3. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut. Which character is your favorite? Which character is most like you? (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen) If you need a description click here .
I always loved Snoopy and Woodstock. They just seemed like the perfect team and perfect complement to each other. Not to mention that my daughter was Woodstock in last years Middle School musical theater production of "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown".
4. What's something you're competitive about?
I am a pretty competitive person in general. When I was younger (and maybe a little now) I was competitive most about board games. I was also very competitive when it came to singing, I always pushed myself to be as good or better than the top singer in my world at the time. I am just a diva.
5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan? How do you like your popcorn?
I LOVE popcorn. I love it movie theater style, and with tons of butter!!! However, I would like to live a long life so I usually use good oil and my old fashioned popcorn popper. Gotta have the salt though.
6. When did you first realize the world is small?
Considering I married my high school sweetheart when we grew up in Iowa but then met again in California...pretty small. I must have realized it earlier than that but this one sticks...duh.
7. In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?
The building that I really thought was amazing was The Hermitage Museum in Russia. Just fabulous. In fact most of the buildings I saw in Russia were pretty breathtaking.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well it seems that the theme of this hodgepodge is what does ARo love. Let's see. I love October, Woodstock and the entire Peanuts gang, my chivalrous husband, popcorn, beautiful buildings, the song It's a Small World, and winning.
Yep that sums it up.
- A Ro