Monday, May 20, 2013

First of All Way Too Many Lasts

Those of you who have had a child graduate high school knows exactly how I am feeling these days.

Those of you who don't are wishing he would just get gone already so I'll stop whining about it.

I totally understand...

However, tonight was another one of those lasts...

His last jazz band concert.


He is a pretty darn good bass player. That coupled with his best friend, who is also graduating, playing lead guitar next to him makes this picture all the more special.

I have a video of them playing my favorite song, Spain, which is very slowly uploading to YouTube from my phone. I realize that even if it uploads it may never upload to my blog...or is it download to my blog...whatever. All I'm saying is it almost never works.

In the mean time I'll tell you about my jalapeño mishap.

Ok so Rich started a garden in our side yard. He is growing onions, green peppers, potatoes, cucumbers, basil, jalapeño peppers, and tomatoes.

Now I know some of you who pay attention know that we hate tomatoes. However, we love salsa and decided to grow ingredients to make our own. This weekend we had a jalapeño that was ready and some onions, so I decided to make guacamole because we didn't have any tomatoes ready yet for the salsa.

OK I AM getting somewhere with this...

So I seeded the jalapeño under cold water and threw it into the food processor along with the onions and avocados. All of the sudden my thumb started to burn so I instinctively put it in my mouth.

Wholly guacamole my tongue was on fire. Who knew that stuff was so potent.

OK I totally did...I watch enough Food Network to know better...Aaron Sanchez would be very disappointed in me...

Since then I have washed dishes, my hair, my hands a dozen times, and still if I lick my thumb my mouth burns.

62% loaded

I am so excited that my favorite red head is coming to see me in a couple of weeks.


OK she is actually coming to see Andrew graduate.

And she might also be coming to go to Disneyland for the first time and see some princesses.

But I am sure seeing her Aunt Amy is among the top five.

This video better load faster the mundane is getting thick around here.

Finally...here may or may not be a video of Andrew playing bass on Spain. I love Jamo grooving out..




I am sorry if it doesn't work...but not surprised.


More Later

- A Ro

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. The jazz sounds awesome! It's my favorite. Sorry about the hot tongue. Enjoy your visit with the little red head and I hope she has a wonderful time at Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see Disneyland with a little one-so magical for them! The jazz sounds great and the video loaded : )

    ReplyDelete