Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Passing on the Hodgepodge Torch
I couldn't think of a better way to continue celebrating the end of my blog hiatus than joining Joyce this week for the weekly Hodgepodge. Head on over to her blog and do the same.
1. The Summer Olympics officially begin this Friday night...will you be watching? If you could see just one event in person which one would you pick?
I do love the Olympics. Last year there was a 40yr old woman who did the clean and jerk weightlifting contest. I wanted so badly to be her. I know that sounds crazy but she was so dang strong. I will be watching as much as I can. I just love having it on TV while putzing around my house. Just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I would say that I can't miss the gymnastics because Shawn Johnson is from my home town and went to my high school and even though she will not be competing I love those events. Not sure how I feel about the health those skinny minny girlies, but dang they are strong.
2.Do lazy days make you feel rested or unproductive?
Uh...very unproductive. I WISH I could have a lazy day, but I just feel like I wasted the day when I am not doing anything productive. Such a burden to bear...sigh.
3. July 25th is 'officially' Threading the Needle Day...can you sew? On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not at all and 10 being Betsy Ross-like, how would you rate your skill with a needle and thread?
Well I do own a sewing machine, however, it is buried in my closet in a box. My mother is a very good seamstress and she has taught me a thing or two, but I can't remember anything. I am certain that with a few refresher instructions it would all come back to me. But even with that I would still only rate me as a 4.
4. 'Threading the Needle' can also mean to walk a fine line between two things or issues (think awkward social situation). When was the last time you had to 'thread the needle', figuratively speaking?
hmmm...this is a hard one. I had a friend apply for a job that I was a member of the selection committee and she didn't get the job so it is a very awkward situation when we start talking about that. In general I try to steer clear of those kinds of situations.
5. Kidney, pinto, black, or navy...your favorite bean?
Yes!! I love beans. Beans beans the musical fruit the more you eat the more you...yeah you remember. I believe however that the more you eat them the quicker your body learns to deal with the uh hem...situation.
6. Have you ever hosted a garage sale? Was it more success or bust?
Yes and I hate garage sales. I hate nickling and diming over my junk. I would rather just give it away. I am so not a keeper kind of person. I pitch or give away OFTEN. Garage sales are just a pain in the butt, in my opinion. However, I know people who have taken vacations on selling their junk. More power to them.
7. What makes you roll your eyes?
People who think they are "all that". Most people who act like they are "all that" are not and I just roll my eyes and laugh. It just seems like too many people this day are too big for their britches.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This hodgepodge made me realize that I just am not the normal kind of person who hosts garage sales, sews like Betsy Ross, or knows how to have a lazy day. But you just watch out summer Olympics of 2016 because I am the next clean and jerk champion...and don't you dare roll your eyes!!
- A Ro