Friday, January 11, 2013

T.G.I.F.

It is Friday...woo hoo.  Can I just say I am very happy it is the weekend?  I survived the first full week back at school and with finals next week and a little easier of a schedule AND a four day weekend I don't really have to be back to full reality until January 22.  However, Bella and Sarah will be taking their first finals this next week so I am sure this weekend will full of knashing of teeth and flash cards flying about.  The nice thing is that it is supposed to be cold here (and when I say cold here I mean the 40's or 50"s) so no one will want to be outside this weekend anyway.

Tonight Rich and I are going to use a gift card he got for Christmas and go to eat at a fancy steakhouse and do some shopping.  I really can't wait.  I know it sounds sappy, but we really do miss each other during the week and even though we see each other every night it is always full of cooking dinner, dishes, homework, and what not.  It is nice to just be still and enjoy each other.

I am very excited because one of my new favorite groups Pentatonix is touring and their first concert date is in Hollywood.  They are an a cappella group that won the third season of The Sing Off and one of my students showed me one of their videos and I instantly fell in love.  They are all high school choir geeks who all studied classical music and their voices are very operatic in style.  They can really sing anything and of course I attribute that to their being in high school choir.  But the really cool thing is that we sat next to two of them on our plane ride home this Christmas.  Andrew sat right next to the bass and I got to talk to them briefly when we deplaned.  They are gracious and very humble.  Anyway I got tickets for Rich and I to go to their concert on the 24th at 8:00 pm in Hollywood...get this...on a SCHOOL NIGHT.  I was not going to do it, but I just couldn't pass up the chance.  I am very excited.

So in honor of it being Friday and being cold I am going to post their Carol of the Bells video...it is absolutely amazing.  Now I know it is after Christmas and I am usually a stickler of no Christmas music after Christmas, but I can't help but listen to this one.  Historically speaking this carol is originally a Ukrainian song about spring that someone turned into a Christmas song so I am in on a technicality.


Enjoy and I hope you have a fabulous, mindful, weekend, and I hope that the knashing of teeth is minimal.

More Later

- A Ro

2 comments:

  1. I fully understand what you mean about missing each other during the week! I miss my husband, especially around 4 in the afternoon and he doesn't get home until 6:30 or so this time of year and it will only get longer from now until April 15th! Sigh

    Enjoy your night out and that concert sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mike & I are going to FINALLY go see Les Mis this weekend (and we have a gift card to a restaurant so maybe we'll make a real date of it).

    LOVED the video! I'm off to check out their Christmas CD :)

    ReplyDelete