Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Arkansas

Well I am back in Arkansas. I came back to the Midwest for my twice yearly visit. Let me tell you my trip was like getting molasses out of a jar...I know not a very good attempt at a southern simile, but it is the best I can do.

Here are the highlights:

  • I got up at 3:00 am.
  • Got into a fender bender right before the airport (not the best part of town mind you)
  • Having to say good bye to GS who doesn't have any vacation yet...that sucked. Traveling without the one you love...well...it just stinks.
  • Sat next to a 16 year old girl who was dying to get back to Dayton OH after visiting her mother in rehab...in where else...L.A.
  • Got to watch a woman apply makeup throughout the first part of the flight...I am sorry, but there are just somethings that shouldn't be done in public. I know there are worse things that people have done in public, but this is just not necessary.
  • Watched Millionaire Matchmaker for $6 on the in flight Direct TV. There are some desperate young ladies and millionaires out there...who knew?
  • Had only 40 minutes in Denver to get to our connecting plane...make that 20 minutes as an EMT had to get on the plane when we landed to assist a passenger at the back of the plane.
  • We made it, without stopping to eat, going to the bathroom, or passing GO and collecting our $200.
  • Got off the plane in Kansas City.
  • After plenty of hugs and kisses from Nana drove 6 hours to Little Rock, AR. However I must comment on driving across the Midwest. Having driven long hours in the car most of my life and in various parts of the country there is nothing like driving in the Midwest for one reason and one reason only...rest stops. This is just an amazing invention. These places are located at various points along the highway and they are just bathrooms. When you travel with kids and women over 40 ie: me...these places are an oasis. No distractions, no gift shops, no endless assortment of candy, no tempting fast food, no getting the key from a guy named Bob behind bullet proof glass...just bathrooms. Brilliant I say...brilliant.

My 18 hour ordeal was worth it all to see this face:
And this face...and what you cannot tell is that Tucker is cuddled up next to my sister's belly which is the current home to my new niece Abby...

To see my family, and family to be, is worth traveling like molasses.



More later

-A Ro

P.S. my kids were wonderful, I mean perfect...throughout the entire trip...I am such a lucky mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment