Thursday, May 5, 2011

Star Wars Day

It is Star Wars day because it is May the fourth as in May the fourth be with you...get it...get it...

I realize that you won't be reading this until May the fifth and heavy into your Cinco de Mayo celebrations, but just tuck it away until next year...or forget about it like it did until this moment late in the day.

Here at the A Ro ranch things have been trucking along.  However, I seriously need to paint my toenails, because it has been in the upper 80's lower 90's and my sandals have made an apperance out of necessity.  I HATE feet so really don't get pedicures, in fact the thought of getting one makes my skin crawl and I am fairly certain if I ever got one I would end up face down in that germ laden foot pool that you soak your feet in because I would totally pass out.  So my toes never look as good as the rest of the ladies in CA, but I really do the best I can.

I have been gearing up for the last month of school festivites which includes a concerts, assembly performances, singing at graduation for both High School and Middle School, and a choir banquet.  I am feeling overwhelmed by a lot of this but am trying to get ahead of the large boulder rolling towards me so hopefully I will make it to the end unscathed.  I get a small break at the end of May to go to Iowa, but then it is hard and fast until the end...phew.

Andrew has been driving a lot lately.  He is fearless and just wants to drive as much as possible.  Not to make this post turn into things I hate, but I really hate driving.  So I love the fact that I am not driving but talk about jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.  He really is a good driver, but man does it make me nervous when he is behind the wheel.   Keep in mind that we live in Los Angeles and the freeways, and drivers for that matter, are less than tame.  Ahhh...how I long for the days of the 2 am feeding and reruns of Taxi.

Seriously folks...May the fourth be with ME!!

More Later

- A Ro

2 comments:

  1. may the fourth be with you, indeed. {cute} yay for being chauffeured, but i 'get' the nervousness. someone should have warned us that those cute lil' babies would actually grow up?! ;) *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine riding with teenage drivers in LA! I can't even do it in the Small Town!!! You're a much braver woman than I!

    ReplyDelete