Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Could Write a Book, or At Least Read One All the Time

Tonight I was lazy.  I read my book, on my new Kindle I might add, for about an hour and a half.  Every time I looked at the clock I felt guilty for just sitting on my bed all snuggled up in a blanket reading.  Now mind you I had just had one of my busiest teaching days in our rotation, came home after Bella's soccer game, cooked an amazing dinner, cleaned up an entire kitchen, helped Bella make Spanish flashcards, and regretted that  I chose to take French in High School.
Granted I had an amazing man helped me cook and clean up dinner, in fact, I don't think I could have done either without him.  See sometimes I feel like a short order cook in my own kitchen.  Justin is on a low sodium diet, Rich and I try to steer clear of animal protein, Andrew and Sarah are pretty picky eaters, but not in the same way, then there is my Bella who will eat anything I put in front of her.  I know what you are thinking...I should just cook one meal and to heck with those who wont' eat it.  Yeah, great in theory, not so great in actual practice. 

Back to my guilty pleasure of reading a book.  I am not sure why I feel so guilty taking some time for myself.  It must be one of those emotions put upon us by ourselves once we become a mom.  Well it's crap.  I felt great just sitting there reading.  Everyone was just fine without me.  I might just have to do that every night....yeah right.

Other exciting news in our house is that Sarah is taking clarinet lessons.  She has been relentlessly asking us for lessons.  She played clarinet in Iowa but stopped, so she has a little background.  She wants to take band in High School out here so she wants to catch back up.  We are currently getting no financial support from her mom, so coming up with money for weekly lessons was a little hard, but we decided she really needed them and so I took on a couple of voice lessons to help with the cost.  She has had two lessons and is on seventh heaven.  I am so happy to see her enjoying it so much.  She is pretty good and loves to practice...yeah I know crazy.  She is a very special girl and it doesn't surprise me that she is taking to it.

Tomorrow should be a little less stressful of a day, PLUS it is jeans day at school...YIPEE.  However, it is supposed to rain all day tomorrow...sounds like good book reading weather if you ask me.

More Later

- A Ro

1 comment:

  1. I don't know when reading became a guilty pleasure but we do seem to feel like we need to be doing all the time. I think it's healthy to read : )

    ReplyDelete