Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend (or lack thereof) Update

I am a putzer.  I love to putz around my house.  I love weekends where there is absolutely nothing going on, so I can putz.  I use the weekend to regroup my house and its contents from the chaotic week that just past.  You know, get everything back in order, restock the pantry, restock the dressers, and just get everyone and everything ready for the next week of chaos. 

I sometimes also just need a breather, kick my feet up and be still.

This weekend was one of those weekends where I got to witness and share with my students a very cool event.  It was our independent school's honors music festival.  We host this event every year.  About 200 of the best music students in band, chorus, and orchestra come to our campus to work with a conductor and put together a concert of music with only about 8 1/2 hours of rehearsal.  See we rehearse Friday night until about 9:00 pm and Saturday from 9:00 - 3:00 with a concert Saturday at 4:00. 

So yours truly got to be there too, which means only one day of putzing, which means I am exhausted, which means that tomorrow's alarm clock is going to really tick me off, which means I am going to have a hard time getting up to exercise.

But you know what they say, it only takes 10 seconds of courage to get something done.  10 seconds of getting my butt out of bed and getting it done, easy right?

Not sure who the "they" are who said that.

Actually, I think I know who they are, I think that was in the movie We Bought a Zoo.

So Matt Damon probably said it.

But he is Matt Damon, a probably doesn't have to deal with too many alarm clocks.

Since I was gone most of the weekend, Rich had the kids all to himself, I heard a rumor that slave labor was used to get the house clean in my absence, but they wouldn't confirm or deny anything.  All I know is pasta was fixed for dinner, a birthday present was purchased, and the neighbor's dog was watched.  I also got a small glimpse of what it is like when I am gone because Rich butt dialed me and I had a 10 minute message on my phone. 

Andrew was with me for the weekend participating in the honors choir.  He even sat with me at dinner, well, I sat with him and he didn't get up and leave, that's something right??

I enjoyed the event.  It is fun hanging out with my students and watching them have a great learning experience with another conductor.  Afterwards Andrew went his own way, surprise surprise.  Bella went to a friends house for a birthday sleepover, and Rich, Justin, Sarah, and I went to grab dinner.  We couldn't decide where to go, we never can.  Sarah wanted Mexican, but our go to Mexican restaurant was closed...as in forever.  So we ended up with pizza, you can't go wrong with pizza.

Finally Sunday came and I got to putz, and now I must start to gear myself up for that alarm clock. 

If only Matt Damon were here.

More Later

- A Ro

1 comment:

  1. I woke up feeling yukky so was going to skip the gym but you have inspired me to screw up my 10 sec of courage and get on with it. Consider it your good deed today : )

    ReplyDelete