Wednesday, February 1, 2012
The Better Late Than Never Hodgepodge
I am joining Joyce for this weeks hodgepodge. However, I am a very late in doing this. My usual advice would be to head on over to her blog and link up your answers, but in this case I am just going to tell you to forget that, read my answers, and forgive my tardiness.
1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?
Oh, I definitely farm it out. Too confusing especially with all the other stuff. Plus those guys who do numbers and taxes for a living deserve to make a living too.
2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day....
Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?
I really believe that love has a lot more power than pain. I know that trials in your live really define who you are, but it is the love of people that get you through those trials that change someone. I know in my own life love has certainly trumped pain in the change for the better factor.
3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.
I really like shades of orange. I have a couple of orange things in my closet, but not so much in my house. I'll get on adding some into my life just as soon as I get few other things off of my to do list, like getting my kid into college.
4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?
It is hard to be a collector when you are an everything-must-have-it's-place/clutter phobic kind of person. I do collect children's picture books that are musical in nature. I also have a small collection of pigs (long story not relating in any way with me being from Iowa). I had quite a cow collection (very much relating to being from Iowa) but gave it up a couple of moves ago. Again hate clutter.
5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
I love to prepare healthy food and that is pretty much all I prepare. I love baked fish with couscous and green beans. Gotta take care of that ticker if I want to live to be 100.
6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
I had the kind of car trouble that really gets you steamed. Went in for a dead battery came out all "fixed" only to stall down the street from the auto shop because the tech didn't know how to reset the computer system. Trouble with that was the battery fix was real quick, the added problem not so much. Had to get a ride to school with the auto shop receptionist so that I wouldn't miss my sixth grade class. My accompanist would not have appreciated the no show...48 sixth graders really needs the zone defense.
7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
I have tried to be more demanding on myself to get things in gear for second semester and so far it is a good trend. I am tired of just being complacent with status-quo. Need to up it a notch.
8. In Summary: The good news is I don't do my own taxes, the bad news is I have to pay someone to do it. The good news we have a new color to add to the palette, the bad news is Tango Tangerine probably isn't very slimming. The good news is I am a lover not a fighter, the bad news is, oh wait no bad news on that front. The good news is I am not a collector, the bad news is sometimes I might accidentally throw away that cotton ball duck from preschool that my daughter wanted to keep. The good news is I am a great healthy cook, the bad news is Sarah has to eat green beans with her nose plugged. The good news is that I have had very little major car trouble, the bad news is now I must find a piece of wood to knock on. The good news is I have been very demanding on myself, the bad news is not nearly enough to get this post posted on time.
- A Ro