My hodgepodge is late this week. But I have a very good reason. I finally took the blasted CBEST test last night.
There are three parts: 50 multiple choice reading 50 multiple choice math and 2 essays. At the end of the test they give you your score for the multiple choice sections. To pass you have to get a 41 on both of the multiple choice sections. I got....
drum roll please
70 on the reading and 65 on the math!!!
So if I they think I can write a coherent essay I am in and DONE!!!
So on to the hodgepodge.
1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?
Wow this is a tough one. I believe that we are always responsible for our actions, but there are certain situations where sometimes our actions are nudged by outside forces that cause us not to act as we normally would.
2. Has anyone from your home town become famous?
hmmmm Casey Blake the retired baseball player is from my home town and his parents are really close with my parents. My mom was bff's with Kurt Warner's mom. They heavy metal band Slipknot went to my high school and are friends with my brother. Gymnast Shawn Johnson went to my high school. That is about it...I think
3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot?
I have been using my slow cooker each Sunday night to make oatmeal. So good. The problem with the slow cooker on the weeknights is that I don't have a lot of time in the morning to prep it for the day, so I have to find recipes that have very little prep.
4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?
I don't really like it but not too shook up about it. I could be very upset if it gets to a certain point.
5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?
I will be working on Friday night so I will miss the opening ceremonies. I look forward to figure skating, and all the sledding stuff. I have been to Russia on a choir tour in the early nineties Not the best time to be in Russia. Loved the place but probably wouldn't go back.
6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.
Didn't even have to think about this one. My dad made me play softball my Sixth Grade year. I was NOT sporty and he had two boys that were...anyway to end each practice they put us all out in the outfield and hit us pop flies and we could leave when we caught one. I know that you can guess where this story is going. Funny thing is I actually played softball as an adult on church leagues and LOVED it.
7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that movtivates you to at least get up off the couch?
My really go to song is Let's Go by Calvin Harris. The words are motivating and the beat is great to work out too. I love good workout music. Nothing makes all that hard work more bearable than a good song.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Well let's see if those private companies can figure me out. I have a love hate relationship with softball, wish I could luge, have been to Russia, love my slow cooker, and I love pump it up songs and finally am done studying for the CBEST. If they figure out all that I might not be able to be held responsible for my actions.
- A Ro