Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Gift of Waiting


Not sure if you knew this and quite frankly not sure if you even give a darn, but the Starbucks Holiday cups are out. I just love this time of year. To me the holiday season starts and ends with these festive Starbucks cups.

...I'll understand if you can't forgive me for feeling this way. Sometimes I can't even forgive myself, but it is just the way I roll...corporate America has its grubby hands all over me.

Now my enjoyment is not nearly as much as it once was since I can no longer have caffeine, but that is a tale for another day...another sad, sad day.

Anyhoo...after running our errands GS, Bella, and I wanted a Starbucks. It is a little chilly here in So. Cal...Alright...I know, I am a disgrace to my Iowan family members when I describe chilly as being in the upper 60's. When chilly to them means...oh...say...low 40's, but this acclimated Californian can't do it anymore...I promise I fought it as long as I could...which, sadly, wasn't very long.

So we went to one Starbucks and the line was out the door. Since there is a Starbucks on every corner we decided to go to another one, 'cause...we just don't like to wait. When we got to another Starbucks down the road it happened to be a drive through Starbucks. I am telling you the line of cars in the drive through was at least 15 deep. We sure as heck weren't going to wait in THAT line, so GS suggested we go in to see if the lobby was any less of a line. Not only did the lobby have less of a line...it had NO line...empty...SCORE!!!

By the way...someone needs to explain this phenomenon. Why in the heck would someone wait in a 15 car line when they could take 2 seconds, park, and come into the lobby??? The comfort of your own vehicle must out weigh getting on with life...I'll take your word for it.

So high-and-mighty-I-ain't-gonna-wait-in-that-crazy-line me went into the EMPTY lobby and ordered our drinks. Then in the now nearly empty lobby I proceeded to wait...and wait...and wait...the people behind us ended up getting their drinks before me, and by the time we left, the line in the drive through was gone.

You see...I just can't win.

Moral of the story: If you see me in any sort of line...go into the other one...even if it is longer. Trust me you'll beat me out of the store.

More Later

-A Ro

1 comment:

  1. I don't do coffee (blech! nasty deceptive stuff that smells so good), but I think the cups are fun...

    I go through the drive-through because I'm listening to a book on tape & if I have to sit & wait I might as well enjoy the time. That's my story & I'm sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete