Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Pomp and Circumstances of the Random Dozen



Randomness prevails...here is my take on Linda's Random Dozen.

1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!
Couldn't come up with a picture, but man did I have a cute dress and really good hair that day.  I had an awesome party (open house) and lots of friends there.  Rich teases me to this day that I didn't invite him, but I don't remember him even being in town.  He says he was and was dying to come. 

Sorry, honey...I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you!!!

2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times?
I like how emergency use is in quotes.  Which means that my stash of Twizzlers might just count.  Seriously, my answer is just as lame as the Twizzlers one.  I keep a heavier jacket in the car because I am ALWAYS cold, so I am ALWAYS prepared in case of a weather "emergency".

3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?
When I was graduating from high school we did open houses, but I graduated in the midwest.   Out here in California we don't do them, as much. 

4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood.
It is on-the-job-training at its finest.

5. What was the last thing you broke?
It is a wonder that I don't have a daily list of things that I have broken...especially a body part, as I am a clutz.  I trip, I fall, I knock things over, I try to carry too many things at once, but for the moment I cannot think of one thing that I have actually broken lately.  I am taking that as sign that my guardian angel is keeping up with me.

6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily?
Too much!!  I think of all the wasted trees...sigh.  At least with junk e-mail no trees were harmed.  I get about 3 pieces a day, which seems a lot less than I usually get.  I guess with the economy the way it is no one wants to give anyone credit, so that cuts out about half of the crap I used to get in the mail...ha ha.

7. Do you like to shop by catalog?
With clothes, I like to think I do, but when I get something I usually send it back and that is a hassle.  I live in LA so I usually can get most anything I want here and don't need a catalog, with the exception of rice paper and if there was a catalog for that I would surely use it.

8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job?
It is a "his job" all the way.  If it were up to me we would need a machette to get out of our house, I just don't care and hate doing it, really a not such a good combination.

9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home?
MY KITCHEN (said with emphasis and exasperation)  I love to cook but have to cook in a very archaic kitchen.  I hate tile countertops, and guess what I have in my kitchen.  My cupboards are too low for my countertop as I cannot use my Kitchen-Aid mixer without turning it sideways.  My oven is so tiny that I cannot cook even three small sheets of cookies at once...and don't get me started on how it always burns the bottoms and hardly cooks the tops.

ok...all done.

10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line?
I love my Sunday LA Times.  I love the Calendar and Arts and Books sections.  I also do the crossword puzzle, and I love the ink on paper quality of that, would never do it on-line.  However, most day to day news I get on-line.

11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
Yes I do.  Meeting Rich the way that we did, and the timing of it all really proved that to me.  The pain in your life often becomes a blessing in disguise.  You just have to believe...all the time.

whoa...deep

12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I am more worried about doing the right things.  I know that if I choose the right path then I will be successful.  That is to say, I can usualy get things done the right way as long as I am on the right path.  It is choosing the right path that is difficult.

In summary:  I am so thankful that the one day where it mattered most I had a good hair day.  I do believe that things happen for a reason, except can't quite figure out how my horrid kitchen fits into that line of thinking.  Motherhood is the hardest job you'll ever love, and boy do I hope that I am on the right path with that one.  Finally, I am so glad that even though I didn't invite him to my graduation party, Rich's is still willing to do the yard work, because I certainly do not know how to use a machette.

More Later

- A Ro

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers! I think I could operate a machete better than I can get the mower to start - although I would probably impale myself on it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yard to look nice and I probably wouldn't mind mowing but I don't like to deal with fertilizer, lime, aerating, etc. My husband loves that although in this house we have a lawn service because he travels too much to spend days at home doing yard work.

    Twizzlers are my favorite...my kids included some in my Mothers Day package.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I go to the Sonic drive through they put a peppermint on top of your drink. My compartment in the console is filled with peppermints, so if we ever get stranded we could live off the peppermints until help arrived. We might be stranded but we would have minty fresh breath.

    With my laptop down for the count I am so behind in all my blogs!

    Blessings and have a great weekend!
    R

    ReplyDelete