Tuesday, July 31, 2012

8 in 20 Hodgepodge


I know, I know, TWO weeks in a row with the hodgepodge...now if only I could visit all the hodgepodgers.  Head on over to Joyce's blog and join up. 

Here is my go at the questions:

1. I'm joining my daughter1 in the 101 in 1001 challenge. Essentially you create a list of 101 things you hope to do or accomplish in the next 1001 days. What's one thing you'd put on your list?
Oh my goodness how I love this idea.  Let's see the one item that comes to mind is getting caught up with my scrapbooking.  Yeah...1001 days, not sure that one is doable.  But as I always say anything is possible if you put your mind to it, it is putting your mind to it that is the hard part.

2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be operated by remote control?
We have 3 TV's and each TV has two remotes plus the two DVD players...so now the math...8 total.  My remote control wish would be my children when it is time to get up in the morning...ha!!

3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable?
Having it all SHOULD mean something very different than it does.  We always want more and because of that we will never attain it.  Rethinking what it means to have it all daily would be a very good exercise in thankfulness.

4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?
I rarely purchase movie soundtracks.  I usually purchase one or two songs that I like, and that is it.  But if I were to have to pick just one it would be The Big Chill.  Love every song on that soundtrack.

5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop.
Well the ultimate rooftop view would be from the Empire State Building in NYC.  So much happening below but seemingly so peaceful.  That was about 25 years ago, however.

6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?
I would have to say the electric bill.  I am VERY luck that I live where I live because I use the air conditioner way less than most, but I hate paying that extra for those months.

7. Our weekly Hodgepodge falls on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July. 
Trying to keep my head above water.  

8. Insert your own random thought here.
In Summary:  I will give you my hodgepodge inspired 101 in 1001...maybe they will be added to the list. 1. Get caught up with scrapbooking 2. Work on that child remote control patent 3. Make a list of what I need to have it all and stick to it. 4. Pick one movie I saw this year and listen to the itunes blurbs from it's soundtrack. 5.  Go find a rooftop and check out the view 6.  Save a little bit of money each month to offset the summer electric bill. 7.  Keep head above water.

More Later

- A Ro

4 comments:

  1. I think coming up with my list may have been harder than actually completing it will be!

    I almost included Big Chill but I'd already listed 3 and had to draw the line somewhere : ) Have a happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your summary! And if you come up with that "child-raising'remote" I will gladly purchase 4... one for each of my children and one for my husband! hehehee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said I wanted a remote for my children as well. And it should last long after they become adults!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I would put catching up my scrapbooks on a full list, which I may try to talk my husband into doing one together, but how about 101 pages in 1001 days? :)

    ReplyDelete