Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dear King Phillip Came Over For Grape Soda

OK who remembers that one??  Up until last night I only remembered the King Phillip part, and I don't recall the Dear part back then.

For those of you lucky enough not to have a 7th grader studying biological classifications you have no idea what I am talking about.

I am talking about Domain, Kingdon, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species.

Oh yeah...that.

Well all that I remember is that we have Kingdoms that are divided into plants and animals and maybe something about molds and fungus.  However in the 90's some guy decided that we needed to add a some domains to make things clearer further confuse us moms trying desparately to remember anything from middle school.  But if you thought that the classification system was confusing with all the King Phillip stuff just imagine adding Domains which now include stuff about prokryotes and eukaroyta and cell nucleuses or nucleui or whatever.  Let me just say that I would like the 45 minutes of my life back that I spent on this last night with Bella.  Because this science fest was just after I spent a King Phillip hour with my ATT bill trying to figure out what the heck I was charged for and only just after I about set my kitchen on fire.

Before you either laugh hysterically or gasp in horror thankfully our friend Eric was there to pick up his daughter, Bella's best friend, Hannah (who probably will never be allowed to come over to our house again) and put out the small pan fire flaming inferno.

The really scary thing is that after I put the wine in the (obviously too hot pan) and ignited the small pan fire flaming inferno.  I paniced.  It took what seemed like an eternity after I yelled "What do I do????"  to realize that I needed to turn the flame off and allowed Eric to throw the lid on the pan.  I'll have you know that I have made this recipe a thousand times with no small pan fire flaming inferno

After Eric left and my humiliation kicked in I decided to text him.

Me: Just want to make sure you aren't burnt

Eric: I am not burnt

Me: Do you guys want to come back for dinner :) ha ha

Eric: I think we will have something more room temperature

yeah...funny guy.

I am sorry Bella, Hannah was such a good friend.

Don't worry this gives us more time with King Phillip.

Phew.

More Later

- A Ro

3 comments:

  1. Ah I've missed your hilarity :)

    I've caught the toaster oven on fire twice recently when trying to reheat pizza (they changed the pizza formula & added more cheese - that's my story & I'm sticking to it!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. And why do you waste perfectly good wine by cooking it? It's MEDICINAL for us middle school moms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least he has a sense of humor about it! I have no idea what you're talking about with this King Phillip stuff. Once I saw the word "biological", my eyes kind of glazed over!

    ReplyDelete