Monday, May 25, 2009

Cajun Fest

Every year in my hometown (ok the place I live) they have a Cajun Festival...now I know that when you think of Southern California you immediately think of French Canadians. But you know we do what we can to celebrate all the different cultures in this melting pot. Truthfully I just think it is an excuse to have a party, eat good food, and watch people...hey that is what got GS and I to plunk down $15.00 (actually if I didn't get a buy one get one free coupon in my 10K goodie bag AND it wasn't within walking distance from our house we would have watched a netflix movie instead) However, we did enjoy the Zydeco music and the chance to people watch.
Boy I need to hang out with the French Canadians more often...they are a hoot.

"No Daddy, I don't want to go anywhere near that big Alligator...What the heck is that a Lobster?"

"Yes you will, if it's the last thing I do, so help me God"

I just LOVE this sign. When someone says something that surprises me I always say "Slap me naked and call me Wanda"

You are all just so lucky that I used my better judgement and didn't put the picture that GS took...let's just say that I was seeing WAY more of this woman than I needed to...the songs "Blue Moon" "Fly Me to the Moon" and "Moon River" come to mind. Why, I ask, Why?? Do you not feel the breeze?? Please people we just don't need to see that.

Overall we had fun, ate good food, and listened to some great music. GS and I could people watch for hours and let me tell you this was the place for it.

It is way more fun to watch other people drink...they are just high-larious. More fun without the hangover...I'm telling you it is a Win Win.

More Later

-A Ro

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god... I need to take you to New Orleans! You haven't seen 'nothin yet. We cajuns know how to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete