Monday, August 16, 2010

Did You Miss Me? Project 365 Week 33 and 34

Well, as you can see sometimes well intentions go by the wayside.  I had planned to blog a little while I was gone, but with internet a little funky in the middle of Iowa it was next to impossible.

I have TONS to tell you and TONS of pictures to show you, but I think I need to start small and get these Project 365's done.

But to give you a little sneak peek:
  • saw all my freaking adorable nieces and nephews
  • had a great time at my "happy place"
  • saw a hot air balloon insurgence
  • watched as my son got his foot stitched up
  • had the most amazing and beautiful wedding
  • caught up with my family
  • and flew home on Friday the 13th
See, you might just want to check in over the next couple of days...

Week 33
Sunday:

For the first time I have no picture.  I did lots of things in preparation for our trip, and even got delayed from coming home from errands due to brush fire, but alas, no pictures.

Monday:



Leavin' On a Jet Plane

We left for Iowa today.  This plane flew over us as we were getting on the shuttle.  WOW!!

Tuesday:


A Cake Pop Birthday

Today was Bella's 10th birthday.  We had a little party and I made a cake pop cake.

Wednesday:


He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother

We went to see Rich's brother and his family today.  It was nice to see them all and play with the kids.  I even got a new hair due from his daughter...I'll save that for another blog.

Thursday:


A Room With a View

We got to our condo in Missouri today.  This is our view from the balcony.  I loved our condo and this porch was a great place to start and end the day.

Friday:


A Very Special Trip

We went to see Rich's dads grave today.  Rich lost his mother when he was very young and his dad died when he was 16.  It was very nice to go there and see this headstone.  I wished I could have met him.  He helped raise an amazing man.

Saturday:


A Very Special Day

Our day was amazing.  The view was breathtaking, and our ceremony was so beautiful.  We wrote our own vows and the things he said to me really showed me how much this wonderful man loves me. 

Week 34
Sunday:


Oh My Goodness


My little red headed sweetheart was there too.  She is the cutest thing.  She is at that age where she wants her mama all the time, but I still got a little time with her.  My other niece and nephews were also there looking cute as ever.  I will post other pictures soon!!

Monday:


Puppies at Nana's

The dogs are so much fun at Nana's.  Lady and Zona love Bella and Andrew and are just the sweetest things around. 

Tuesday:


Happy Birthday Andrew


What could a boy who hates his picture taken and avoids all attention want for his birthday?  A singing group of waiters and waitresses!!  YES is all I can say about this.  My kids were born exactly a week apart and with my wedding in the middle it was a hard year for birthdays.  But we had fun and enjoyed their special days.

Wednesday:


Ice Cream You Scream

In the small town of Indianola Iowa a college student decided to open an ice cream stand as his summer job.  He works all night and early into the day to make his homemade ice cream and then sells it in the evening.  He works the stand and makes the ice cream.  It was so good!!
Thursday:


The Rest of the Gang

Here are my niece Sami and my nephew JoJo and my adopt-a-nephew Zane hanging in the sand box.  I love the fact that Sami is all dressed up in her Tinkerbell costume being a pretty princess AND digging in the sand box.  Just like my Bella did.
Friday:

 
Awww
 
Andrew sat next to this five year old on the way home.  He was SO cute.  He had never ridden on an airplane before and it was very cool to experience that with him.  Andrew was so patient answering all of his questions and just taking care of him.  It was such a cute thing.
Saturday:
 
 
Let the Fun Begin

Unpacking and getting back into routine...'nuff said.

The blessings of this weeks are very obvious.  I cannot begin to tell you how happy and lucky I am.  God is good!!

More Later

- A Ro

4 comments:

  1. I hope I'm the first (on your blog obviously) to say Congratulations Mrs. All things A Ro...hmmm...you know what I mean : ) You made a lovely bride and I'm glad your day was all you hoped it would be!

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm not the only one who's sniffling back the tears at seeing such a beautiful wedding picture.

    Many, many congratulations-

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re back! I thought about you while you were gone wondering how things went. I’m glad you had a lovely wedding day. In other news, now I want a cake pop birthday cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy, Happy, HAPPY!! what a GREAT week you all had...may God especially bless your marriage. Enjoyed all your pics :)

    ReplyDelete