Tuesday, December 14, 2010
We Wish You a Merry Hodgepodge
First of all let me say I love these questions!! Nice job Joyce!! Head on over answer and link up!!
1. What does it mean to have the 'holiday spirit'?
It means enjoying the giving, the doing something for others. Focusing energy on family and the real reason for the season.
2. What sits atop your tree (s)? Why?
I have an angel on top of my tree. It sat on top of my Grandma's tree for as long as I can remember. The angels name was always Amy (my name) so when my Granpy died and she had to move she gave it to me as her tree wasn't big enough any more. She holds an ornament that has my dad's name on it (he died about 8 years ago). A VERY VERY special tree topper.
3. When was the last time you gave yourself a pat on the back?
I really never do, I don't have to. I am lucky to be surrounded by people who do it for me. My wonderful husband is at the top of that list, constantly patting me on the back and telling me how wonderful I am.
4. Which of your senses is most sensitive this time of year?
All of them. Good things to taste. Beautiful music to hear. Nieces and nephews to hug and kiss. Wonderful sights to see, and oh those smells. I just can't pick.
5. What do you have too much of in your kitchen?
Dog hair...it is my secret ingredient.
6. What do you do for meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Big meal? Breakfast tradition? Open the cookie tins and have at it?
I have it pretty easy. Every Christmas Eve we get invited to our friends house for a big meal, and all I have to bring is a dessert. Christmas morning is Cinnamon rolls after we open our stockings from Santa and then we always travel back to Iowa that afternoon, so it is airport food for us that day. The next day is the holidays with the family so I just help out with all the fixin's. I am a very lucky girl.
7. What is the best thing about winter?
I say this as I am experiencing 80 degree weather, but I love the USUALLY crisp air and chillier days. I also love this season and getting a little snow when we go back to Iowa.
8. In Summary: Again I always feel like the luckiest most blessed girl when I get to share a little about my life with you all. I have an amazing family and an equally amazing life, and thank God for all those wonderful senses, I am enjoying every one of them.
- A Ro