Friday, September 18, 2009

I've Fallen and I Can't Stop Laughing

As you may or may not know I fell while running my four miles on Tuesday.



It is funny to me how quickly you must fall...I mean it must only be seconds from the time you trip until you are eating cement. However the number of thoughts that go through your mind makes it seem like it lasts forever. Here are my thoughts when I fell on Tuesday:



"Oh no I am tripping"


"Oh no I cannot catch myself"


"How can I fall so that I do the least amount of damage"


"Oh crap that didn't work I am about ready to slam into the pavement"


"Ouch"



See too many thoughts for a second of time...just weird.



I do have to say that, in general for me, watching people fall is very very funny. I love nothing more that watching "America's Funniest Home Videos" and seeing the segment "How may falls can happen in the amount of time it takes Grandpa to get out of his shirt" Then they split the screen and on one side they show a Grandpa trying to get out of his shirt and on the other side they just show people falling. They keep a running tally on how many falls happen while Grandpa is trying to get out of his shirt. I am sorry, but I am laughing so so hard that I fall on the floor and have to hold my aching gut.



Does that make me a bad person?



Now I am sure that some of those falls aren't funny while they are happening, but do they look at it later and laugh? If someone caught my fall on camera would I laugh if I saw it? Now granted I am not falling while trying to skateboard with my dog off of the diving board into an empty pool, but come on a fall is a fall.


Thankfully when I fell before (I know I know I am having too much fun with that linky thingy) And I must warn you if you do decide to read that post I did post pictures.

Anyway that time I hit my head...this time it was just my knee and my hand.

My knee and hand are quite sore and my friend Mandy thinks it is infected. I maybe should just go see my school nurse and check it out.

Yeah like that is gonna happen...

The real problem is I am really afraid that I am going to fall again. I have taken most of the risk out of it and I do learn what not to do each time I do fall...so I am cutting my chances down each time. But you would be proud of me...I got up this morning and ran that four miles...and didn't fall. I do know that each time I run I am rolling the "am I going to fall" dice. I, obviously, don't care 'cause I keep doing it.

I must be thick in the head.

Or maybe I am just hopeful that I'll see myself in the next segment of..."How many falls can happen in the time it takes little Johnny to hit his dad in the nuts while wielding a pinata stick?"

If you see me running get the video camera...you might get lucky!!

More Later

-A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment