Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ahhh Spring Break

Today started very lazily. Who knew that I could sleep until 7:30...shesh?? Especially when Rich was up at 4:00 am to go work out, came in to shower at 5:00 am, AND came in to kiss me good-bye when he left for work at 6:00 am...and yet I slept. I am not going to lie, it felt real good.

Went to the gym to do a lifting class. I get real nervous going to a new class. I am a runner and that means me, myself, and I (and my i-pod) on the open road. I am worried that I am going to make a fool of myself in front of all those strangers. However, I held my own and I really enjoyed the class. The good thing is when you take an 8:30 am you get less of the I-am-here-to-pick-up-on-guys-and-am-half-naked chippies, and more of the just-took-my-kids-to-school-and-am-still-in-yoga-pants moms. I relate to the latter group...I felt right at home.

Came home to look at some random dozen posts, Oh yeah and I finally sat down today to do my taxes...phew I am glad that is over.

I worked on finishing sorting through Bella's room and it felt good to purge that little pack rat's room. I found things that I really had to wonder what possessed her to keep. I found gunky lip gloss, endless birthday party favors that never were used, and really how many half eaten candy necklaces does one girl need?? Then I started on my dresser and quickly realized the candy apple blow pop didn't fall far from the tree. I had jewelry that I hadn't worn for months...and when I say months I mean years. I mean really...do I need three flip flop necklaces? or two anklets when I don't like or wear anklets? Or a small collection of one earring...just hoping that one day the other one will suddenly appear? It wasn't a pretty sight. And don't even get me started on the collection of t-shirts that could clothe all the half naked chippies at the gym. I did a good job and I can safely say that all the things I kept I will wear or use at least once in the next year...maybe.

I also came home to the refrigerator light being out. It is amazing to me how much we depend on that light bulb. I mean I can hardly find anything in my refrigerator WITH it fully lit. In the dark it is hit or miss whether I grab the cottage cheese in the way back or the sour cream. Did you know that you need a special bulb for the fridge...you can't just grab one from stash? So this either means I will need to make a special trip to the store, remember that I need a bulb when I go to the store, or put it on my grocery list. Who am I kidding I am going to be using the braille method of finding my produce for the next month. Why do things like this have to be so difficult??


My taxes were easier.


More Later

- A Ro

4 comments:

  1. I'm queen of the one earring. I'm sure as soon as I toss it the mate will turn up in the sofa.

    Have a wonderful Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I box up my old jewelry (cheapy, not the good stuff) and send it to my 7 year old niece. She thinks I hung the moon and it keeps my jewelry box clean for my next purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to the end of the post & had lots of things to say, but really I just want a candy apple now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 430 am on Good Friday and I am heading to the gym in just 15 minutes. I have the "I'm too tired to be picking up women" look and the girls in the spin class with have the "I got kids at home so don't even try" look and I like it that way. We all know our places and we are all happy with that. At least I think they all are. Loved the post. Wish me luck. This is how I start my long weekends.

    ReplyDelete