Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Dozen Comes In Like a Lion

It is that time of the week again, yes sirree bob!! Head on over to Lidna's at A Second Cup and link up your dozen, OR just check out all the randomness that will occur at other bloggers blogs.

Here is my offering:

1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?

I prefer even numbers because my birthday is on the 28th day of July...that's a good reason...right??

2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?

Well I am a self professed diva so technically that probably makes me really vain. However, in reality I am the opposite of vain almost to a fault. On the list of things I need to work on, self esteem is right up there with taking care of my road rage. So my answer is 0 and I'm sticking to it.

3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered

Talkative...check
Proud...uh...check
Inquisitive...hmmm I wonder
Love to Party...double check
Hot-tempered...and check

Who knew I was Irish...uh MOM???

4. How lucky do you consider yourself?

In the grand scheme of things like health, great family, good friends, wonderful mate, great kids, I would have to say very lucky.

In the not-so-grand scheme of things like winning lotto tickets, bingo cards, great parking spots, or winning a kitchen aid mixer on Pioneer Woman Cooks...not so much. But I did win one of Linda's apron giveaways...


5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written?

My very most favorite post is about my morning run. However one person visited that page and commented. I thought it was a great post - High-larious if I do say so myself...here it is if you are interested.


6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.

warm, sunny, and perfect

jealous??

7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)

I am pretty good at knowing when I am being snowed. I think being a teacher and remembering what it was like to be a teenager makes my blarney-o-meter pretty accurate. Been there done that seems appropriate.

8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?

I am not very good at it. I recycle and try to reuse. I stay away from sack lunches and plastic baggies, but I haven't gone the route of hybrid car and solar panels on my house. I am not opposed to it, but it is low on my things to do list.

9. What is your favorite song this week?

My Contemporary Vocal Ensemble is singing this at next weeks concert...I have been wanting to do it for years and years and finally found a good arrangement. Love this song!!

10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?

I am of the "See a penny pick it up all day long you'll have good luck" vain, so if it is money and on the ground I pick it up.

11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...."

I love the place I live...then I go outside battle traffic and smog and think again, but at my window it is a great view.

12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out.

In the Year 2525 by Zager & Evans



C'mon people are you serious?!?!? OK this is really depressing. I am sorry, this is the stupidest song I have ever heard. I need a better song, gosh darn it. hrmmpphh


In Summary: I wish I was a little more vain, a little more green, a little luckier, but definitely a little less Irish. I do live in a pretty nice place, just wish I was closer to family. I really need to lie about my birthday it is a very nice round number, but GOODNESS I need to shake the trail of that horrid song...geez. However, keep your blarney to yourself 'cause it won't fly with me sistah.

More Later

- A Ro

14 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your answers, you are to funny! Thanks for sharing. I will be back to read your run post. I have to get my random posted.

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "somebody to love"! When I hear it
    it sticks in my brain for days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...so do you only pick up a penny if it's heads-up? I thought about this when I read your post. I will not pick up a penny if it's tails down. Thanks, Mom, for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! Glad to "meet" you, and I thought your running post was hilarious. Don't you hate when people don't get our genius? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your running post! And I always love your sense of humor. I hope your Contemp Vocal Ensemb does a GREAT job on it - what a great challenge for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack! Now I'll have that song in my head!

    Good luck with your kids at the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read the running post..it was a good one! I love your song (Queen)...is it lame to say I also like the Glee version?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chevy malibu letter in your favorite post cracked me up. Glad the Chevy didn't crack you up literally.

    I always used to like that song. Mind you I never really listened to the lyrics but the tune was pretty catchy. :v) Loved your summary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers and the summary at the end was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your answers were great, and your summary cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you...very disappointed with my song! I even checked the British and Australian lists and still came up with nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Queen song! And I remember the 2525 song because it the "theme" music from a film strip series when I was in grade school. Pretty scary to us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two things:

    1. Please tell me you're going to have your choir/chorale sing Bohemian Rhapsody.

    2. You can't win PW's mixer until I've won mine first :)

    ReplyDelete