Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Roundup

So it was a long weekend and here I sit on Monday night thinking about going back to work tomorrow and what a wonderful weekend it was.  I also realized that it is January 21st and I didn't take a single picture until last night.  That either means that we do nothing around here that is picture worthy or I am just a bad photographer.  Well either way it makes catching up on my scrapbooking a heck of a lot easier.

So last night we had a fire pit and had s'mores.




Bella and her BFF Hannah.

Please ignore the horrible red eyes...I haven't figured out how to fix them yet and it was really dark so that flash was a doozy.

It was a beautiful night for a fire pit and Rich and I sat out for about an hour after the girls had enough and just talked and looked at the beautiful sky...very nice.

Due to my lack of picture taking for the month of January I decided to take some pictures of some of my favorite new things.  Now since this isn't Oprah I am not giving you any of these items you just get to enjoy mine.
This is FINALLY the shelves we found to put in our foyer.  It really beats the T.V. table I had there before.  I need to put a few finishing touches on it but so far I love it.

Our new chair for our family room.  Now more than 3 people can watch T.V. at one time.

Did I mention we went to Ikea on Friday?

I really love Ikea.

OK...this is my really new favorite thing.  Both my sisters-in-law had these really cool night lights that you put this candle type stuff on the top and it melts and smells wonderful.  I finally asked them where they got theirs and they told me it was from a company called Scentsy, and it is one of those party type sales event that you can get them from, not a store.  Stacia asked me what color I wanted and she would get me one the next time she went to a show.  I told her purple and seconds later she is handing me this one and some vanilla candle pod thingys.  She is cool like that. 

So thanks Stacia...I LOVE it.  It smells so good and gives us a nice night light.

OK last thing.  I got these from a student this past holiday, and I love them.  They are from Bath and Body Works and they are stress relief lotion.  Real glass bottles tells me it is serious stuff.  One is Vanilla Verbena and the other is Spearmint Eucalyptus.  They smell so good.  I put some on before I go to bed and love it. 

OK so there you have it.  If you are from Bath and Body Works, Scentsy, or Ikea and want to send me free stuff for endorsing your products...feel free.

If you want to give me another long weekend so I can catch up on some January pictures I'd love that too.

More Later

- A Ro





2 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten the hang of nighttime photos...mine usually have crazy lighting.

    I don't know if you follow Kimberly's Korner blog but she is a Scentsy rep and I'm sure she ships. I know her in real life, but we met through our blogs : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I like your foyer shelf. We need something similar for our living room (to replace a dead tree - sigh).

    It's a little too chilly for the fire pit here (it was 2 when I left the house this morning!), but come spring I will be loading up on smores supplies!

    ReplyDelete