Saturday, January 4, 2014

Headed Home




As you can see we are all excited to be heading home.

This morning started out at a balmy 35 but only a mere 2 hours later it is 20 and dropping. I believe it is 80 in California.

Thank heaven.

I lived here. I lived here for 21 years of my life. I walked to school in college across a frozen river when it was so cold that your forehead hurt. (Not to mention every other exposed bit of flesh). The schools in this area sent an email stating that they might close school on Monday because the wind chill might get as low as 40 below.

40 BELOW!!!!

I know that I, much younger mind you, endured those kind of temperatures...often.

I am a weaker woman now. I can't even imagine it.

Good luck nieces and nephews, brothers and sisters in law, mom and John.

This wimp is outah here.

More Later
-A Ro


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand, I grew up in Illinois for 38 years before moving to Southern California. Now my son may be moving to Philadelphia, I'm not crazy about it! Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been really cold here this week too, but not 40 below cold. Sheesh! I might need to come visit you for a month or two each winter :)

    ReplyDelete