Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Two-fer Tuesday

OK so it is Tuesday which usually means that nothing exciting is going on around these parts.  Just the usual school, work, dinner, lunches, homework, you know the drill.

But...

Today is no exception.

Yeah, I sat here trying to think of something exciting to write about but it really is just a normal day.

But.

If I call this post Two-fer Tuesday I only have to think of two exciting things going on and call it good.  I really am still trying to live in the moment and enjoy the everyday life so I am not bummed it is just a normal day, just stating the facts.

1.  Tonight's dinner will be Black Bean Burgers with Sriracha Aioli from Cooking Light.

It is a vegetarian type burger and I love this meal...one of my favorites.  I have fallen in love with Sriracha sauce.  It is a spicy Asian sauce that is really good.  I am not a fan of spicy but I love a little of this.  It is what they use in Spicy Tuna Rolls.  The other reason I love this meal is because Sarah, my picky eater in the house, LOVES this meal.  I have a menu board inside my pantry cupboard and she always looks on it to see if this meal is on the menu for the week.  Super easy and really good.

2.  I have been really on this fitness kick.  I have my fitbit one, myfitnesspal ap, my heart rate monitor, and my digifit ap.  They all link up together and it makes this information junkie happy.  I have been on a running streak known as 2014 (minus 19 days) running streak.  Now, I have found this website it is called Greatist.  They have a workout of the day, recipe of the day, challenge of the day, and all sorts of articles about well being.  Today they have a really great recipe for bread that I am going to check out.  The thing I really love is it doesn't push perfection.  Here is what they promote on the website:

We don't tell you what healthy means. Instead, we celebrate choosing whatever healthy means to you!
We believe you deserve better than what's out there. That's why we're obsessed with writing the highest-quality articles on the Internet. And why we're as obsessed with making them friendly and actionable. Because that’s how health should be.  We know healthy is happy. And that healthy can be fun!  You don't have to be the greatest all the time, just a greatist one healthy choice at a time. So here’s to healthy.

I follow the Twitter feed and it links up to all sorts of good articles.  

So there...two healthy topics of discussion and no mention of that darn CBEST test that is looming.

sigh...

More Later

- A Ro

1 comment:

  1. Ooh that burger looks fabulous! And I need to check out the website. I started Weight Watchers. Again. :)

    ReplyDelete