1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
If you have read my blog in the past few days you know that due to the burnt hole in my kitchen table I am in great need of a brain. However, I would like to say that I am Glenda the Good Witch, cause she really has the good dress, a wand and that awesome tiara, but I must say that being so far away from home I am most like Dorothy. You don't know how many situations this Iowa girl living in California has been in which has caused me to say "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore" Most of those have occurred on a beach or the highway.
2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?
I pick the bottoms first, cause "Baby Got Back" and I need to analyze the bottoms before I decide on a top. My students would say that I pick my jewelry first. I have been known to get a great piece of jewelry as a present and go out and buy an outfit to go around it. I know so crazy...
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
rats...big hairy rats...
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
One...and I love it oh so much!!
Do I need to get more??? I thought one was the norm...am I no longer normal??...don't answer that.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?
I have felt such immense heartbreak, but I have also felt such immense love and feeling that love was worth all the heartbreak.
You can now do your collective "aaaaaaw"
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
Yes and I am really sad to say that as soon as the Starbucks cups go back to normal I get really sad. I am a child of consumer economics...sad I know.
7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?
I love Michael Jackson's music. Black and White is my favorite song. I love the morphing section at the end...we all thought that was so "magical"...old hat by today's standards. I have memorized the fun head dance they all do. The end of this video was SOOO controversial it was the video of him in the back alley and he well...grabs his...well...family jewels...
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
Braces as a teenager should not considered cosmetic but a necessary ritual that one must go through. So you can't blame those guys...However, adults with veneers...kind of make me giggle.
9. Enjoy horseback riding?
Love it...wish I could do it more often. But let me tell you when you ride a horse you hurt in places that weren't meant to hurt...I'm just sayin'
10. Shoes--practical or stylish?
Stylish all the way. I wish that I was a practical girl when it comes to shoes, but I am a vain diva and don't care who knows it.
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
Heidi a lovable German Shepard. You can pretend it isn't past my bedtime and I went and hunted down a pic of my dog that I had to give up in 3rd grade, but you could also Google Image German Shepard and that was pretty much her.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
In summary: I really need to go get a wand and a tiara, and obviously another Christmas tree. I enjoy having my heart broken as long as there are Starbucks Christmas cups to console me. I am praying I never need veneers. I need to find my elves and get crackin', but mostly I really need to find that yellow brick road, cause Toto I'm not in Kansas anymore!
- A Ro