Too much to think about. Too much to write about. I think a list is in order.
1. What happened to the definition of playdate that meant hopping on your baseball spoked, banana seat bicycle and ridding around the neighborhood until you found someone home? Now it is many phone calls to plan a visit to a friends house who lives at least one freeway away. Yep did a lot of that this weekend.
2. You know what you get when the grocery store sells 20 pound turkeys for $7.00 besides a lot of growth hormones? You guessed it a lot of turkey leftovers.
3. What do you get when you must make a side dish to please everyone in the house...OK that includes me.
4. Maggie the dog thanks Bella for making her Thanksgiving meal complete. This was only after we realized that we were out of dog food and had to make an early morning run to the very busy, overcrowded, last minute Thanksgiving shopper packed market. Well we couldn't very well eat a delicious meal and watch Maggie starve...yep that is planning for you.
5. So yesterday we had to run to Target, and not for some great Thanksgiving weekend deal, but for contact solution...did I mention that I am a planner. It isn't so much that I am not a planner it is just that I have failed many times to make a complete grocery store list. Anyway, Rich went on auto pilot and missed our exit when coming home and when I asked him what was distracting him Bella replied "Hang on Rich, I got this one...honey I was thinking of you". She is such a helper.
6. Speaking of helping, we had such a fulfilling morning on Wednesday. We went to hand out Thanksgiving fixin's at our local food bank. It is a very small organization and they really needed help. Andrew, Bella, and I handed out so much food and we kept thinking how blessed we were not to be on the other side of the table. It really opens your eyes to what you have.
7. Speaking of helping...again. I must give a shout out to my wonderful husband who makes my love for cooking that much easier. He peels, he scrubs, he carves, and he oohs and ahhs over my cooking. Then he vacuums, washes cars, folds laundry, and helps me play taxi. I love spending time with this wonderful guy.
8. Rich and I didn't have kidlets on Friday night so we went to see a movie. We went to see Due Date with Robert Downey Jr. and Zac Galifianakis. Now I am a big fan of Mr. Downey Jr. I always love a comeback story...you know down and out actor gets his stuff together and comes back better than ever, and I think Mr. Galifianakis is very funny. However, our opinion (sorry honey I am now speaking for you) was that the movie left a lot to be desired. Don't get me wrong there were a lot of laugh out loud moments, but then there were a lot of "what??" moments. I hate reviewing movies because I do realize that my opinion might not match anyone elses, but I wouldn't pay to see this movie. Because when it is all said and done you are out about $40 bucks when you walk out of the movie with your half eaten bag of popcorn, half full gallon of Diet Coke and empty Junior Mints box. Of course my comment was "c'mon at least Chevy Chase mishaps could ACTUALLY happen".
Now you must excuse me I need to finish the mounting laundry, find some recipes for 10 pounds of leftovers OR overwork the garbage disposal, and get geared up for the month of December.
- A Ro