Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Its the Hodgepodge!!


Week 2 of the HP...sorry I am a little slow today.

1. What is the most amazing weather you've ever seen?

I am an Iowa girl at heart and my most amazing weather is also the most dangerous.  I love a great thunder and lightening storm.  The power and majesty of it all just amazes me.  Especially when I am at my moms and you have nothing but pasture around you and you can see nothing but sky.  Sigh...I miss Iowa.  We don't get that kind of weather here in California very often.

2. What is a sound or noise you love?
In conjunction with the above question.  I love the sound of a thunderstorm.  LOVE IT!!

3. Do you like seafood? What's your favorite seafood dish?
I love seafood and my favorite dish is just a big ole bucket of crab legs...all you can eat preferably.   Rich and I went on our first date to a place in Camarillo that had an all you can eat crab night.  Sadly the place closed.  I hope it wasn't due to my crazy ability to put away some major crab legs. 

4. What part of your day requires the most patience?
I have a middle school class nearly every day so you'd think that might be it, but nope...Getting the heck out the door in the morning requires more patience than my herding cats middle school rehearsals.  You see  I teach a zero block class (7:00 am) three days a week and boy do I do a lot of deep breathing waiting for my kidlets to mozy on downstairs.  Geez people LETS GO is my morning mantra.

5. What's your favorite shade of blue?
The blue of Rich's eyes...awwww.  I know that is sappy, but they are the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen.  My son has some amazing blue eyes too...but Rich's are that light piercing blue that just are so pretty (in a guy way of course)
See???
6. Do people underestimate you?
Nope...I think people know me very well and know what I am capable of...if anything I might underestimate myself.  If that makes any sense??

7. When was the last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
Here's the thing.  My job requires me to be involved in many MANY performances and I do get butterflies each and every time.  Mostly for my students.  I get way more nervous for them than I do when I have to perform.
8.  In Summary:  Well this is easy I love thunderstorms, the blue eyes of my love, and I am a nervous mother bear who reads like an open book...but God help you if you make me LATE!!

More Later

-A Ro

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you embracing the HP lingo : )

    We're all blue eyed here and my youngest especially has amazingly big blue beautiful eyes.

    We had a crazy thunder storm last night-it woke both of us up. The wind made me wonder if it was a hurricaine or tornado which is not the norm for our part of the country. We have big woods behind our house and I kept waiting for a tree branch to come thru the ceiling.

    Will you get to Iowa for any of the holidays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good storm, too. I sleep to a storm app every single night - 10 minutes tops before I'm snoozing away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get energized by storms, but I think that's adrenaline, not "like."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Storms can be amazing, for sure. We're all blue eyes here, too.

    ReplyDelete