Monday, April 9, 2012

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friend aka Coffee

The first day back after a long break is always the hardest.  Especially when today I had to teach my zero block class (7:00 am) and had rehearsal for Grease until 5:00.  Now when I say "I had to teach" it makes it sound like a chore, when actually I love that class, but as I am sure anyone would agree, that having to be "on your game" at 7:00 am after an extended break is a little difficult. 

Needless to say it was a very long day.

However, one thing made it just barely bearable, and in all actuality I was looking forward to it as I was driving to work today...

...COFFEE.

Now here is the deal.  One of our middle school social studies teachers went to our PTA this fall and told them that he thought that everyone would be a little happier each day if each teacher could be guaranteed one cup of really good coffee, instead of the cheap mass produced stuff that lives in every teachers faculty room.  Now mind you we are all a very happy bunch and work at a very happy place and are treated very well by our parents and administrators, but I will admit that I would be a little HAPPIER with that really good cup of coffee.

He told them he knew a guy who could be our regular "supplier" of the "good stuff" from "Columbia" and that he could get a good "deal"

Yeah sounded a little shady to me too but...whatever.

So our PTA agreed to buy us a good coffee maker and support our habit...er...I mean one good cup of happiness, as well as providing us with organic milk, half and half, and even soy milk to go into our coffee.  The first cup of this crack...er...I mean coffee would be free, but the second cup would cost $.25.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute...let me get this straight.  One good cup of free coffee from some guy in Columbia, organic half and half, AND the second cup is a mere $.25. 

Sign me up

Well this morning that one cup of Joe brought me more than happiness.  It brought me life.  Because, and I know this might be shocking, I wasn't the only one who was having a little trouble...uh...focusing today.

Lets just say most of my teaching time today was like herding cats.

All I can say is thank goodness for our PTA and our social studies teacher who knows the importance of that first "fix" of the day.

More Later

- A Ro

1 comment: