Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Spring into the Hodgepodge
I am going to try to join Joyce this week for her hodgepodge. Obviously if you are reading this I was successful...Head on over and check it out, you might just want to join up too.
1. Spring is in the air (at least in my neck of the woods) and the birds are singing...what's your favorite bird?
Well since my daughter is in the midst of her bird project the Arctic Puffin is atop of the list of the birds I know the most about, however, the Arctic Puffin is no where to be found here in sunny CA and isn't really a bird you think of when you think of spring. The arctic puffin is the subject of one of my most favorite Elf moments:
OK back to the question...yeah...spring bird...robins.
2. Speaking of birds...do you tweet? If so tell us your screen name and we'll come flocking to your Twitter site. Even if you don't let's all pretend here that we do-in 140 characters or less, sum up your week so far.
I don't tweet but I follow a couple...I follow preschool gems totally funny tweets from preschoolers like: "Do you want to be a toilet parrot or just a toilet" or "I have a boy penguin he is a she and lives in my backseat her name is Whimzie"
OK my week in a tweet - Tech week for Grease means this girl is up way past her bedtime, oh so tired and cranky #ohthoseslumbernights
3. Its been reported recently that employers are not only viewing the facebook pages of potential hires but they're also requesting your facebook password to have a look at what you've kept from public view. What say you?
I am a big proponent of your private life being your own, however, I am a teacher so pretty much everything I do is under the microscope. Having said that, my private life is boring so I would have no problem sharing as long as they realized that it might just put them to sleep. I will say that the line needs to be drawn somewhere, and it seems like facebook passwords might just be beyond that line.
4. It's April and you know what that means-Major League Baseball is back in action. What's your favorite baseball movie? If that's too hard, what's your favorite sports themed movie?
I love Bull Durham and Major League.
Just love the "I believe" speech that Kevin Costner gives in Bull Durham. It has a few bad words in it so I am not going to post it but if you want to see it just youtube it.
5. Something else this season brings-asparagus. Yes please or no thanks? If it's yes please what's your favorite way to have it prepared?
I LOVE asparagus despite the...er...smelly side affects. I love it grilled or roasted. I also love a good asparagus risotto.
6. What drives you? (Don't you love how I sandwiched that one in between asparagus and jugglers???)
Responsibility and order. This why I have such a hard time just sitting back and doing things for me because I feel I am shirking a responsibility and letting order go by the wayside.
7. April 18th is International Jugglers Day...can you juggle?
No, but my husband can. Bella wanted to learn how to juggle and I was showing her how someone tried to teach me, however, I never got the hang of it. Rich was reading a book and after about 15 minutes of me "teaching" Bella calmly looked up and said..."I can juggle" I was like..."whoa... what else do I not know about you???"
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I wish I was a better juggler then I could find the time to watch good baseball movies, cook my favorite asparagus recipe, as risotto takes so much darn time. I would probably have more of a life to try to hide from my employer on facebook as well as figure out how to actually tweet. Alas too many Artic Puffin reports and Grease rehearsals. #darnthatresponsibilityandordersideofme
- A Ro