Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Much Ado About the Hodgepodge


It is time again for the hodgepodge...the questions this week are really hard so beware!!  Just kidding, head on over to Joyce's blog and link up.  It will be OK I promise.

1. William Shakespeare's birthday is celebrated on April 23rd...when did you last read Shakespeare? What's your favorite Shakespeare play? 

Being a student of opera we had to study numerous Shakespeare's plays.  The last one I read, which happens to also be my favorite opera, was A Midsummer Nights Dream  (do you italicize titles??)  My favorite might be Much Ado About Nothing.  I like the comedies more than the tragedies....duh right??

2. What food(s) would you recommend a foreign visitor try when they visit your home country?
hmmm...it seems like everything that we eat over here is from somewhere else.  OK...I'll go with the good ol burger and fries.

3. What's a lie you often tell yourself?

I'll start eating healthy on Monday...ha

4. What's something you're good at that might surprise us? Remember this is a family friendly blog!

Well, I am having a hard time answering this because a) I'm am a diva so the things I am good at are well known or b) I am really not good at anything out of the ordinary.  I am pretty certain it is a combination of both those things.  Rich says that I am good at jigsaw puzzles, jump roping, keeping the book at baseball games, and all kinds of crafts.  All of which I am sure I am just average at.  I guess with that attitude the diva option is out.

5. Who is your favorite animal character from a book?

I might just have to say the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland, but this was a very hard question as I like a lot of books with animals.

6. April showers bring May flowers...do you have a green thumb?

Nope...but I hope to be.  If it were only that easy.

7. Speaking of rainy days...which one of the following activities would you most want to spend time doing on a rainy day-

sort photos and create albums
bake cookies
read a good book
hold an all-day movie marathon
organize closets, cupboards, or bookshelves
try a new recipe
fix something that needs fixing
Wow, yes to all of those things, except maybe fixing something.  I love to do all those things.

8. Random Thought aka Hodgepodge Wrap Up: 

Tomorrow is going to be one of those rainy days around here so maybe I'll break out The Tempest, or Alice in Wonderland.  I am sure that rainy day might help my lack of green thumb on those plants on my balcony or I could just relax, which just happens to be something that I am NOT good at.  I am pretty sure I won't be breaking out that grill for those burgers but maybe I could start at the top of that list and work my way down.  Wait a minute...yeah tomorrow I'll be at work dealing with wet middle schoolers, thankfully that is something that I am good at!!

More Later

- A Ro

8 comments:

  1. I think the animal charachter is one of those questions that seems easy but when you go to answer your mind is blank. Cheshire Cat is a good one!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you do your hodgepodge wrap ups. Really that is a talent even if you can't think of another one. Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always plan to eat healthy or start a new resolution on mondays too! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on Shakespeare ... I prefer the comedies over the tragedies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even burgers can be different, but I thought about a cheeseburger too.

    I'd give up red meat if it weren't for burgers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with DD - your Hodgepodge wrap-ups are hilarious! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, the diet always starts on Monday! Great answer on the book animal. We have rain coming too, maybe I should grab a book and read. Now see that is something I lie to myself about....like I could ever get off this computer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete