Thursday, April 5, 2012

I've Been to the Desert on a Hotel With No Internet

When I went on last week about my committment to blog I failed to realize that I would be spending three days in the desert without adequate internet.  I might have been able to blog on my daughter's ipod because that seemed like the only device that connected to our hotels "internet" but it would have been something like this:

I am in desert...send internet.

Obviously that would have done no good so here I am well rested and able to put together an actual blog and upload some pictures.

We went to Palm Desert for Andrew's baseball tournament.  It was a fun three days of watching baseball and getting some Bella Mama time.  I love hanging out with my girl and we had so much fun.  Andrew played very well and I got to see a lot really good baseball.  The weather was very nice and the fields had lots of shady spots. 

I must admit that I didn't take too many pictures, I just don't always think of taking them.  Andrew's dad took some video so when I feel like pulling my hair out I'll try to get those uploaded.

Bella and the Pig.  It was outside a BBQ place called Babe's.  There are just so many things wrong with that.


Not surprising we chose NOT to eat at the "eat the pig from the that cute movie" restaurant but instead chose a restaurant called The Old Spaghetti Factory.  It was very good.  My Bella, who now eats like an adult, chose the clam sauce.  I mean c'mon what 11 year old do you know eats clam sauce.  I can tell you it was the same one who was contemplating the lobster ravoli with her dad at dinner that night but ended up with the eggplant parmesean and...

goes to Richie's diner (known for it's burgers and fries) yesterday for lunch and orders a chef's salad.  She did, however, order a chocolate shake...phew.  She was dying to take this picture because she calls Rich, little Richie.

I did take a couple of actual baseball pictures.  Andrew pitched a complete game and was the winning pitcher, ended up on base 8 out of 11 at bats, with some really great hits, and made some spectacular plays at 2nd base.

So there is our mini vacation.  And now back to the real world, well as real as it gets with 4 more days off!!! 

Now lets see how I can totally waste these few days.

I'll let you know!!

More Later

- A Ro

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time and some delicious meals. It was probably a good thing not having internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella is odd (clam sauce - eww!), and congrats to Andrew :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds to me like you're raising a girl with excellent taste! :) Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest always had a very sophisticated palate. She ordered mussels at age 7 and stacked the shells neatly one inside the other. We had people stopping at our table asking how we got her to do that. She was born that way : )

    Congrats to your son! I love bbq but am not sure I could eat at a place called Babes either!

    ReplyDelete