Sunday, July 5, 2009

Traditional Fourth of July

It is funny to me how most of my Fourth of July's have turned out. Somethings never change like the firework show, being with friends and families, and thankfully having the day off. We all lay on blankets and oooh and aaah over the display. During the show we always talk about which ones are our favorites. Mine are the ones that start out one way and then do something extra...like an extra burst...or a sudden pop...or the ones that start out a color and turn to gold dust. Andrew likes the ones that wiggle all over the sky, and Isabella likes the colorful and bright ones. For the last 4 years we have eaten dinner at home, usually BBQ, and walked to the park about 5 minutes away to see the show. For the last 2 years GS has joined us.

This year was a little different. We ate dinner, but I made Mexican...GS had to work a 10 hour shift in the tower so I didn't want him to have to come home and BBQ. I don't BBQ, in fact the last time I did we ended up eating hours after planned. GS's sister Suzi was with us and GS's kids...it was a great night having everyone here. We also brought poppers to the park...they were fun, but what was more fun was taking pictures of every body's faces before they went off:Andrew trying to be cool and not make a face.

I was very blessed this fourth.


More Later

-A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment