Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Don't You Just LOVE the Hodgepodge


Joining in again this week for Joyce's weekly hodgepodge.  If you don't want to think too much about what to blog about then you to can go on over and answer these questions, link up and play along.

Here are my thoughts to this week's questions:

1. What is more important-doing what you love or loving what you do?
I really think it is more important to do what you love.  It makes for a happier life.  If that isn't possible then you should really try your hardest to love what you do.  One of my favorite quotes is "Life is not the way it is supposed to be.  It's just the way it is.  The way you cope with it is what makes all the difference"

2. Do you like bleu cheese?
I think I would like the taste of bleu cheese if it wasn't full of mold.  Yeah...that's the way I roll.  I won't eat escargot because they are SNAILS.  I won't eat caviar because it's FISH EGGS.  I won't eat eel because its EEL.  It might have something to do with texture, but mostly it is because it is MOLD.

3. What is the most difficult emotion for you to handle?
I think fear is the most difficult emotion for me to handle. In fact it can be gripping at times.

4. Fresh flowers or a box of chocolate?
I really don't like either.  If you are going to drop $50 bucks on me for Valentines Day, then I would prefer a piece of jewlery or a silicone muffin tin (or two)...hint hint.

I am totally serious.


5. What's a song you love that has the word 'love' in its title? It doesn't have to be a 'love song'.

This has always been one of my favorite "love" songs.  John Lennon decided to base the song around a word that was known by most people around the world...love.



6. Are you the person you wanted to be when you grew up?
Yes. Exactly.  I wanted to be a high school choir director and direct musical theater.  As far as who I have become as a person...I have very few regrets.

7. Any special Valentines Day plans?
C'mon we are practically newlyweds...psh...of course we have plans for a Valentine's Day that falls on a school/work day with two kids.  I am sure it will involve us cooking dinner, lots of homework, and an episode of Chuck.  AND if I am lucky enough to get above mentioned silicone muffin tin it might include me baking some Valentine's day muffins!!!

truthfully I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing

In Summary:  If fear is the one emotion I have the most difficulty with...love is the easiest.  It is something that I do easily and with my whole heart.  I am lucky to have a man in my live and a family who do so as well.  I am very excited for Valentines Day and as long as I don't have to eat eel, or blue cheese AND I get some silicone muffin tins...it will be a great day!!


More Later

- A Ro

9 comments:

  1. I'm thinking your Valentine's Day should include some silicone muffin tins, yes? ;) Totally with you on the whole food-issues. Eeek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers. And we agree on the "love" song....I chose it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like snails, caviar, and bleu cheese : ) Your Valentine's Day plans sound good to me! I love gifts for the kitchen. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need some silicone bakeware. I know the metal stuff isn't working for me at all!! Good luck on the present - hopefully hubs is reading your blog (mine does so I'm sure to put hints there for him and he still thinks it's all his idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quote in #1, and #2--ewww! : ) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quote:
    "Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It's just the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes all the difference"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading your answers today. I don't care for blue cheese but will eat it on a salad when I forget to say no to it. Can't go wrong with a Beatles song! Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful answers!

    The muffin tins sound perfect to me.

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on the food - although I have tried escargot before. I was in Paris (how romantic - 10 day whirlwind tour of Europe on my way home from Zambia). It was drowned in garlic butter so the TASTE was ok, but yeah, I couldn't think too much about what I was eating. Enjoyed the French onion soup MUCH more.

    ReplyDelete