Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend Highlight Reel

I love three day weekends.  I mostly love that I can sleep in for 3 whole days.  Now granted my "sleeping in" is very different then my teenager's noon wake up time...I am up at 7:00 am instead of 4:20 am, yeah just a little different.  I also love the fact that it is now Tuesday and I think that it is Monday which means I will be pleasntly surprised by Friday.  Three day weekends are just win win.

This weekend was filled with a lot of really fun things.  I didn't have the kids until Sunday afternoon so Rich and I got to spend a lot of time together.  Friday evening we went to eat Sushi at our favorite Sushi restaurant and went to see the movie Just Go With It.  Now my son had a ball teasing me because I went to see an Adam Sandler movie...he couldn't believe that I would go do that.  I had to remind him of some very funny Adam Sandler movies that were very funny.  Need I remind you of the scene in Happy Gilmore where Bob Barker beats the crap out of him, or the classic Billy Madison...even Waterboy was very funny, and how can you not love Big Daddy.  Now granted he has had a few bombs, like that Chuck and Larry fiasco but give the guy a break, and me one too while you are at it...geez.

Saturday we took our walking food tour of Old Town Pasadena.  It was a 3.5 hour walking and food tasting tour that I got Rich for Valentine's Day.  We stopped at 10 stops along the way and tasted different foods.  Amoung other things we tasted Peruvian food, Oaxacan Mexican food, a gourmet Asian restaurant, chocolate, tea, and gelato...it was a wonderful WONDERFUL day. The weather wasn't the greatest but it could have been much worse.  I certainly didn't mind cuddling up with my hunky husband under an umbrella as we strolled down Colorado Street.  We stayed in Pasadena the rest of the afternoon and shopped and ate some more!!  In another post this week I will have another giveaway and want to tell you about some of the stops we stopped at.  I am newly committed to try to shop local after that trip.  There were SO many wonderful locally owned shops in the area that really embody the kinds of things a community should be and Starbucks and California Pizza Kitchen just don't seem to fit in.  So look for that this week.

Sunday was a blaze of laundry and cleaning and grocery shopping.  I was glad to have a free day to get all that stuff done as we did NOTHING of the sort on Saturday.

Monday started off with a trip to the gym and to our former favorite breakfast stop Corner Bakery.  Now I say former because I am not sure we will be back.  After our trip to Pasadena and our new found love of locally owned business who completely go out of their way to make you feel at home and one of the family this place really just...well it just doesn't.  We ordered our oatmeal (expensive oatmeal when you think about how much it cost to acutally make oatmeal) it came in a bowl that wasn't even half full.  We just decided that we are done shopping at places whos sole purpose is to make a buck...so we are on the lookout for another breakie place, but we did find a cute coffee shop later that day and I think my Starbucks habit might just have shifted.

I got laundry finished and even managed to sit on the couch with my girl and watch some Phineas and Ferb and of course Chuck.  I even whipped out my new popcorn popper!!

I know weekeneds don't get any better than that.

More Later

- A Ro

2 comments:

  1. Waterboy is the all time favorite at our house. You have to say this about Adam Sandler: He takes care of his friends; you see the same actors in all of his movies.
    We try to buy local when we can. We went to a new coffeehouse on Sat. night; YS' band director and a couple of other directors here played there. It was really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a lovely weekend! Especially Saturday! Wandering and nibbling are two of my favorite ways to spend a lazy afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete