Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grillin' Up the Hodgepodge


It is time once again for the weekly Hodgepodge.  Click on the button above and head on over to Joyce's blog and link up your answers.  Here is a peek into my brain.

1. What is one thing on your bucket list? If you don't have a bucket list let's pretend you do.
I want to go to Italy.  There are so many things I studied when I did my master's degree that centered around Italy.  I need to go to Italy.

2. What makes a good dad?
Being a good dad takes patience, kindness, understanding, and most of all a willingness to be a good dad.  Wanting to be a good dad enough to figure out how, and go do it is really all it takes. 

3. Are you afraid of insects? Which ones?
Yes. Yes. and Yes.  I can handle ladybugs...maybe.  Now I don't scream and run from MOST insects, but I really don't like to be near them.

At all.

4. We're barbecuing...what's on the grill at your house?
Chicken, rib eye steaks, or tri tip.  I love to grill...er...I love it when Rich grills!!

5. Do you believe that playing is more important than winning?
I believe that playing is more important than winning unless I am playing or my kids are...ha ha.  It is a good theory to believe in but hard to implement.

6. Do you tan? Use self tanners? Visit tanning salons? See your dermatologist at least once a year?
I do not tan, use self tanners or visit tanning salons.  I am Swedish so I am either white or red, no brown.  I really am not that into being tan, but I don't see a dermatologist just my PCP...something to think about.

7. Five years ago I would never imagine that today I would_______________.
Be happily married to my high school sweetheart.  A lot can happen in five years.

8.  In Summary:  Voglio andare in Italia...un sacco. (I want to go to Italy...a lot)  I love to eat BBQ but don't challenge me to a BBQ cooking contest because even though I think playing is better than winning I'll cheer Rich on with all I have.  Thankfully, I am married to my high school sweetheart who just happens to be a great dad!!

More Later

- A Ro

4 comments:

  1. your high school sweetheart? love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-loved your answer to #5! I've been to Italy but owning an apartment there is still on my bucket list : ) Ciao!

    ReplyDelete