Monday, June 20, 2011

The Post that Includes a Bunch of Nonsense

As I write this I have just finished my first day of Summer Camp, manicotti is in the oven, and my house is full.  All of this makes me very very happy.

This past weekend was very easy going and I enjoyed it very much.

I really like easy going.

At the moment I cannot for the life of me remember what we did on Friday night...like I said easy going.

My kids were with their dad on Saturday night so Rich and I had dinner and went to see the movie Bridesmaids.  I like Kristin Wigg, and the previews looked very funny.  I thought there were very funny moments of this movie and there were moments that embarrassed the heck out of me.  I can't really explain why I was embarrassed, as I was sitting with Rich, the one person on this earth that I am most comfortable with, yet there were scenes I wished no one was watching with me.  So there...watch at your own risk.

I really wanted to go see Super 8, which is the movie that Rich wanted to see.  When I say that it was the movie I "wanted" to see I mean I really wanted to be ABLE to see it, but I know myself all too well.  I know that since it doesn't have Chevy Chase and doesn't involve people falling down and probably includes people meeting their demise at the hand of a big ugly creature that I probably couldn't handle it.  I almost did it anyway, but at the last minute begged for Rich's forgivness and picked Bridesmaids. 

Sunday was Father's Day and we were busy preparing for the arrival of Rich's kids.  Now they are really easy going kids and we really didn't need to do TOO much preparing.  But there were sheets to wash, a few drawers to clean out and a few birthday presents to shop for, so I didn't do my usual post, but I do want to say that, once again, I thought a great deal about the dads in my life.

The one who loved me when I was younger.  He was an amazing dad, and I miss him terribly.

And the one who loves me now.  He also is an amazing dad (and step dad), and we are lucky to have him in my life.

Well, the manicotti is done and everyone is home so we are going to sit down and have a relaxing dinner and enjoy being all together.

Ahhh...


More Later

- A Ro

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I was coming to your house for dinner! Because I LOVE manicotti ... and because I am confident that I would love you IRL! :)

    ReplyDelete