It is time for the Random Dozen. Lidna over at 2nd Cup is our host and you should go over to her site and link up your own Random Dozen post. She always makes me feel like I should have given the show "Lost" one more episode before I decided that it was a stupid show. Now I just feel stupid for not watching it.
1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?
I panic very easily. So I am sure that I have been lost and afraid. However, it was probably being lost and having the potential of being late. If I was lost and not late for anything I probably would be fine.
2. Have you ever been to an island?
Does the island of "poor me" count...no?? Then nope never been to an island.
3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?
Looking back on my answer to this question it is now clear that I am a thinker...
One thing that I have learned from being a teacher and a mother is that life is LOTS of shades of gray. One size does not fit all.
5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)
If that wasn't an answer that addresses the spirit of this question then I would like to have this book that I just read:
6. What are you most afraid of?
This reminds me of a Modern Family episode which had a theme of things you are afraid of and all the adults fears were, heights, spiders, etc..but when they asked one of the kids on the show what his fear was he said "I am afraid of dying alone"...
I am definitely not afraid of dying alone and I am thankful that I no longer have to worry about living my life alone. I believe I am most afraid of something bad happening to my kids. Not to the point that it hinders me from being a good parent, but the thought of losing one of them scares me to death.
7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
And I thought the fear question was a toughie. Since the old memories include all of of the bad hair, angst, and leg warmers of middle school, I think I would say that I would rather lose all of my old memories.
8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?
Me and my one true love.
9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)
In my case just have his kids not marry him...(we are divorced)
But I am planning my second wedding and this time it is all about us and the beginning of our lives together and not so much about the actual "event".
11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?