You feeling Random today?? Well head on over to Lidna's and check out her questions, answer them, and then LINK UP!! You'll feel more random, I promise!!
1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
I like the simple ones...some of the ones that are out there are just "crazy" with all the buckles and bands.
2. What is your favorite pizza?
I love thin crust, with as many veggies as possible...and just for the record I could eat pizza everyday for every meal...just sayin'.
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
I want anything from the Vacation movies with Wally World on it. Cracks me up every time I think about that movie.
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
I would have to say Sushi being that I am from California, just don't try to make it yourself because obviously they keep all the key ingredients to themselves...as I sadly found out in what I would like to call the Great Rice Paper Hunt 2010.
5. What is your current favorite snack?
I like Pirate's Booty and Vanilla Wafers. Not all that exciting I am realizing.
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
Being that I am a musically inclined I would have to say Dancing with the Stars, however, I am not a star and I am no Kate Gosselin so I am not sure I would be a big draw.
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
I like to keep my car neat and clean BUT I have two children and a busy schedule that may or may not mean that occasionally we eat in our car. So I would have to say that it is probably a 6.
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
My morning runs are in a bit of daylight.
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
I have two very funny kids, a spouse to be who is a hoot, and I work with Middle Schoolers, I crack up hard daily.
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
I am trying to be more thankful in my every day life. I want an attitude of gratitude. I have SOOO much to be thankful for, except I have been letting the hate and stress in my life pull me into a "poor me" attitude. It feels so much better to be thankful than angry. I just seem to have this sense of justice that drives me. I want justice when I, or the people I love, are wronged. That just isn't the way the world works. I just need to focus on the good things.
P.S. and I want to be healthy and more fit for a certain event that is coming up.
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
Here is one I like keeping with the goal I stated above..."There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle" - Albert Einstein
But here is my all time favorite, and I am not sure who said it. "Life is not the way it is supposed to be. It's just the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes all the difference."
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
I asked Rich what he thought about this question and he said that pretty much just being myself makes my kids happy, and he is right. They are both pretty naturally happy kids, but I thought I'd put a little more effort into this question than that. So...
Bella - put a note in her lunch box, let her cuddle in my bed with me, tell her it is stay in your pajamas day...she is a very happy nine year old..
Andrew - tell him it is ice cream night...he is a harder to please teenager.
In Summary: I just might need to find this shoe-a-holic some less gaudy gladiator sandals...Linda said so. I shouldn't quit my day job to become a Sushi chef, and maybe just order out pizza everyday and make sure my stock of Pirates Booty and Vanilla Wafers is a plenty!! I am thankful for my happy kids, my new found gratitude, and that I am not a contestent on Dancing With the Stars. But most of all I need to find miracles every day...thanks Albert.
- A Ro