Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Big Day

My wedding day was everything I had hoped for and more, and it something that I think about often.  Most brides can't really remember the specifics of their day as it goes by in such a whirlwind of chaos.  Mine went nice and slow, no stress, just family, and lots of amazingly precious moments.  I know this sound crazy but I am a changed person because of that day.  I was shown how much this amazing man loves me, how much my family loves me, and how God's grace and love brought us to that special day.  I felt my dad's presence and his love, as he would have been so happy for me.  I worked very hard at making it a special day, but it was well worth all the effort...it was absolutely perfect.

Alright enough sap...here are some of the moments I speak of.  If you hate pictures of happiness (and a lot of them)...please close your browsers now.


Rich's kids did not attend.  We wished with all of our hearts that they could have been there. We know that we did everything in our power to make that happen and it just didn't.  We missed them, and love them, but it wasn't going to ruin our beautiful day. 
The location was amazing and just gorgeous.
We wrote our own vows and speaking to each other, from the heart, in front of our families was so breathtaking and beautiful.  I pretty much cried through the whole thing. 


It was a beautiful ceremony.

The reception was so much fun, and the food was so good.  Rich and I spent most of the afternoon decorating it and it turned out great.
I had pictures of Rich and I then and now, and a scrapbook of "Our Story".

My theme was family, so I decorated the tables with pictures of our families.  I made the frames and they really turned out great and everyone enjoyed looking at all the pictures.  I must publicly apologize though, my brother Ryan's families frame and photo got left at home...sorry guys!!

It was nice to have those special people as decorations.

The cake was beautiful and delicious...
...and we didn't even smash it into each other's faces. 


But the most important part of the day was sharing it with very special people. 

 My boy...look how handsome he is.
My beautiful Bella.

Rich's family.  His sister Suzi, his brother Mike, sister-in-law Kelly, Shelby, and Johnathan.  It was so nice to have them there.
My brother Greg, sister-in-law Michelle, and JoJo.

My brother Ryan, sister-in-law Stacia, Sami, and Tyler.
 
My sister Kate, brother-in-law Dustin, and Abby.
I love my sweetie pie JoJo.

Red head Abby breaks my heart.
Handsome Tyler.

Adorable Sami-pie.
My fabulous siblings.

My amazing Mom.

My Aunt Sara and Uncle Tom (not pictured) came from Wisconsin...what a nice surprise.

The girls. Michelle, Me, Stacia, and Kate.
We were so glad that Stacia's brother and his family could join us.  Mates, Nikol, Matsey, Cade, and Zane. They were such a great family and we were so lucky to have them there.

Our families are the greatest.  To have Rich's sister, and his brother and family there was so special.  They all welcomed me into their family and I am so greatful.  My sister-in-laws Michelle and Stacia took all the pictures (with help from Nikol and Mates), and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. 

I am so blessed to have the kind of family I have.  They are so loving and generous and have taken Rich in and made him feel a part of this great big family. Sharing this day with them was a dream come true.  I love and miss them so much.

It was a beautiful, perfect, day.  Filled with love, laughter, family, and moments etched on my heart forever.

I am truly blessed.

More Later

- A Ro

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous day, bride and family! I am so happy that your day was so special!! (Andrew and Bella look wonderful by the way!)
    Wishing you a lifetime of blessings and joy together!!

    And, glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful day! and what a blessing to find that special one to love and be loved in return. I wish you both many years of blessings together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a beautiful day for a beautiful bride. We are so happy for you all. All of our love. Stacia & Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are just beautiful and I love the sunlight in the background. Wishing you many years of happiness together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous wedding! I'm so glad you had a good day. The cake was lovely! We didn't smash either - we were both too hungry by then so we seriously wanted to eat our whole slice of cake. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you. You were are beautiful bride, and your family is just lovely. Thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! What a beautiful day!! I had to smile to get to see TWO pictures of your son's handsome face AND smiling!!! :)

    can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had such a beautiful day! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful lady! Beautiful family! Beautiful wedding. Hop I didn't make you mad with my facebook comment - I was just being funny. I'm really happy for you. So ironic you ended up in So Cal. I remember when we took you there.

    ReplyDelete