Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Hodgepodge...Gobble Gobble

sorry for the double post...the title-less post could not go unfixed.  Yeah. I know.




It is time once again to answer the new Wednesday Hodgepodge.  


Thanks goodness.

The instructions are easy. 1.read mine. 2. comment. 3. answer your own. 4. go on over to From This Side of the Pond and link up. 5. read other hodgepodges. 


See piece of cake (or pumkpin pie)


1. If you had known what they knew then, would you have boarded the Mayflower?
Heck no.  I love the known and fear the unknown.  Especially the unknown that involves potential danger. 

2. How far have you traveled on a boat and how do you feel about boats in general?
I love being on a boat when I can see land.  I once journeyed out on a boat that ended up in the middle of Lake Superior and I could not see land.  It freaked me out.  Tooling around on a pontoon boat on a lake is really cool, but I need to know that land is somewhere close by.


3. What traditions have you kept, acquired thru marriage, and/or tossed? If you're single what are some of your family's favorite Thanksgiving traditions?

hmmm...the only real tradition that I have is that we put up our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I usually cook simply because we are not near any family.  I have had single friends over and would open my home to anyone who needed a place to go.  Andrew, Bella, and I will be volunteering at a food bank today for the first time and I hope that tradition continues.

4. What time is dinner and how many will be round your table? And what is the one side dish you cannot do without on Thanksgiving day?
Dinner is usually at 3:00 and this year it will be four.  The one side dish that Rich requested is my mom's Scalloped Pineapple.  It is very good.  It is very bad for you.  It would be the one dish we cannot live without on Thanksgiving day.

5. Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Do tell....
Nope.   Thank God.

6. Tell about a situation that caused you dreadful trepidation and feet dragging, only to realize later it was a true blessing. 
The first time I met Rich's kids.  The students that I am closest with told me that of course his kids would like me because I am a wonderful person.  I know deep in my heart that they did like me and still do.  I am very good at reading and knowing kids.  It was a true blessing to have met them and to have had that experience because they have enriched my life so much, and have taught me many lessons.  It was also a blessing because I got to see how wonderful a dad Rich is and how much his kids adore him.

7. Baked, sweet, mashed, hash browned or french fried...which one's your favorite? 
Yes.

8.  In Summary: Clearly I love to cook and am pretty good at it because a) my family keeps coming back for more, although they really don't have a choice b) I actually have a side dish that makes a requested returning appearance c) and I have never had to use a fire extinguisher.  See.  Good cook.


More Later

- A Ro

6 comments:

  1. I make something we call pineapple stuffing which is yummy...I'm thinking it might be like your scalloped pineapple. #7-me too!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potatoes=good. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on #1 & #7.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your answers. Love your music blog design!

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I lived near you - I'd crash your holidays. The potato answer is absolutely correct LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #6....... I do not think that Rich's kids like you very well. You can think that you want, though.

    ReplyDelete