Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday

So many of the blogs I read do some kind of a Thankful Thursday.  I want to join in because today I am so very thankful for so many things.

But I have only one simple thank you for today and its for my Mom.

My Mom is one of the most generous people I know.  She would give you the shirt off her back if she thought you needed or wanted it.  However, most importantly, she is a generous soul.  She is someone who you could talk to for hours and makes you feel that she really cares.  She is patient and kind and puts others before herself.  She still takes care of me and is always very concerned about me and my well being.  She always makes us feel welcome in her home and goes out of her way to make everyone comfortable.  She loves her grand kids, kids, and their respective spouses and now that includes Rich and Rich's kids. She treats the newest members of her family with such kindness and respect, and welcomes them into her home and without batting an eye makes them feel like they belong.  Above and beyond all of this is what happens at Christmas.  Her home is so beautiful and welcoming, every year she puts up all the decorations (with the help of John), and makes her home so inviting and has the spirit of Christmas down to a tee.  Her house is the hub of activity during this time and all the gifts she gives are so special and thoughtful.  I love being at my Mom's house during the holidays...heck I love being at my Mom's house any time, it is truly my happy place.

I am so thankful that my mom is...mine.

Thanks Mom...for everything, and I love you.


More Later

- A Ro

1 comment: