Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sick Sick Sick Part 2

My vocal jazz student motivated me to get out of bed and go to school...as well as the fact that I had two middle school classes that I wouldn't want a sub to have to handle. It is chorus so it couldn't be just any sub it would have to be a music sub and those are hard to come by. So I trudged kleenex, chapstick, hot tea, and purell in hand and went to school. Taught my three classes got out of the rest and came home and slept for about 3 1/2 hours. Went to the grocery store to feed the two hungry children before Andrew had football practice. Had every intention of fixing something for GS and I but really didn't feel like it. GS truly earns his name (Godsend) by offering to pick up dinner for us on his way home. YIPEE. I didn't have to cook.

Things I noticed today:
1. I have this really bad habit of feeling so GUILTY when I am sick and I give my responsibilities to other people, and when I get off of my training schedule. Even though they are so willing to help I still feel so guilty.

2. Hot tea when you are sick is the best thing...but a venti latte would be better...darn Dr. for forbidding me to drink caffiene.

3. I hate being sick...did I mention that.

4. When you are sick and have to get ready for work it takes about 10 times as long...nothing is appealing to wear and the hot shower feels so good...and we all know how I get when I am running behind....

5. This list is short.

Things I am thankful for:
1. Sue for bringing me great stuff from her garden 2. Lisa for taking our two classes by herself 3. GS for bring home dinner and doing the dishes 4. Vicki for bringing my kids home 5. Being able to sleep for 3 hours.

more tomorrow...sniff, cough.

-A Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment