Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Trip to Oklahoma Part II - The Conference

It is show and tell time...
Here is the conference arches and those are my new friends...
...not really I don't have any new friends....

There really is a Starbucks on every corner...thank goodness!!!

Kind of blurry, but Bricktown is an awesome place in OKC...

My cool hotel...Courtyard Marriott...$300 a room...thank goodness for ACDA discount.

Really good spaghetti...I was proud of myself...I really wanted the 15 layer lasagna, but got the spaghetti with marinar sauce...yea me.

Something about a hotel bed is so nice...if you forget that other people have slept there...yikes I think I'll sleep on the floor tonight.

I am so proud of myself...I got up to run, I only ran 4 miles, but it was really hot in the small workout room here at the hotel...I know no excuses...but I feel like I at least did something to help my goals out. I have been doing a good job of eating.
But the thing I am proudest about is the fact that I am doing so many things on my own...eating on my own...going to sessions and concerts on my own.
So I went to the Jazz concert...and was planning on going to the reception...but I got to feeling like I didn't want to go alone. But gosh darn it I did it...
...hated every minute of it...but i did it.
The summation of my day...riding on the bus (nice bus with a video player) back to the hotel after the crappy reception...watching a dubbed version of "Paul Blart Mall Cop". English was coming out of their mouths...but there mouths weren't moving in the same direction....
weird day...
More later
-A Ro




No comments:

Post a Comment